Because the world is fast becoming a global village, upgrades will keep happening from time to time. Facing this reality, MTN launched its eSIM in Nigeria on the 15th of July, 2020, and we explain what it is all about below. See How To Register And Activate MTN eSIM:
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Transfer Airtime From MTN To MTN
What Is The Difference Between MTN eSIM And MTN Regular Sim?
- e-SIMs let you have more than one phone number linked to your smartphone. They are especially useful for customers who wish to manage personal and business lines.
- The risk of losing or damaging your SIM is very low since it is built into your device.
- The days of stressing your head to cut sim cards or find adapters are over.
- It is very comfortable to use for constant travelers as it makes it simpler for them to switch between network operators.
How Can I Activate An MTN e-SIM?
The eSIM trial will run for 365 days and it is open on a first come first served basis to a restricted number of subscribers who own compatible devices. You will have to visit any of the MTN stores you know for activation.
There, you will find customer care agents who will check your device for eligibility and walk you through the setup process. Need assistance to locate a store? Head to this page to find the closest store to your location.
MTN eSIM Compatible Devices:
- Google: Pixel 3, 3 XL, Pixel 4, 4 XL.
- Apple: iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, XS Max, iPhone XR.
- Samsung: Samsung S20 Series.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to unsubscribe/stop/cancel MTN Caller tune.
How Do I Download My eSIM Profile?
This can be done by scanning the QR-Code presented by the customer care agent.
Can An eSIM Profile Be Used More Than Once?
Yes, it is very possible. However, not while it is downloaded and installed on a phone. It can be reused as soon as the profile is disconnected from a device.
What Happens If I Misplace My eSIM Device?
Simply call 180 or enter any of the MTN stores and ask for the MSISDN to be blocked. You can instantly initiate a SIM swap if you have another mobile device and acceptable proof of identity.
That is that.