Nokia Mobile has recently started the release of Android 8.1 Oreo, for the small Nokia 3.1, also available in online stores since July as a low-cost product. Presented with the 8.0 version of the operating system of Google, the update has kicked off from India, as you can see from the following screenshot, published by a local user.
In addition to the new minor release of Android, the changes also affect the settings menu, the option to turn on and off the device and the introduction of a new icon, linked to the battery of Bluetooth devices connected.
Last but not the least, the update also includes the security patches of September 2018. So, despite the presence of a MediaTek processor, for HMD, software support would not seem to be a problem.
As for global distribution, it may take a few days for the update to reach all devices. Following the data sheet and the price of this device from the very low price.
- 5.2-inch "HD" display of 5.2 inches HD (1.440 x 720 pixels), Gorilla Glass protection
- MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor: 8x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1.50GHz GPU ARM Mali T860 MP2
- Android 8.0 Oreo operating system
- 2 or 3 GB of RAM
- 16 or 32 GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD
- MicroUSB 2.0 LTE connectivity, Wi-Fi n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, audio jack
- 13 MP f / 2.0 main camera with LED flash
- 8 MP front camera
- Dimensions: 146.2 x 68.65 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 138.3 grams
- Battery of 2.990 mAh