Nokia has bounced back this new year with a new Android smartphone, the Nokia 6 which was made by HMD Global, the company licensed to produce Nokia-branded smartphones last year.
The Nokia 6 was announced on the 8th of this month, and it’s a high-end smartphone with a design language different from the Nokia phones we’re used to.
Nokia 6 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Nokia 6 comes with a 5.5-inch display covered with 2.5D curved glass and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The display has a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and a maximum brightness level of 450 nits. The phone weighs just 169 grammes and is 8.4mm thick.
The Nokia 6 android smartphone is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor with a maximum speed of 1.5GHz. An Adreno 505 GPU handles its graphics operations, and it comes with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB with a microSD card.
At the rear of the Nokia 6, a 16MP camera with PDAF, a f/2.0 aperture and a dual-tone LED flash is present, while an 8MP selfie camera with 84-degrees wide-angle lens is present at the front. The phone possesses a fingerprint sensor in its home button beneath the display at the front.
In terms of hardware, it possesses a speaker at the top and bottom of the phone with smart dual amplifier chips together with Dolby Atmos audio technology, guaranteeing you one of the best audio experiences in today’s smartphones.
The Nokia 6 packs a 3000mAh non-removable battery and has a Dual SIM slot with 4G LTE network connectivity and USB OTG support. The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, becoming the first Nokia smartphone to run the latest version of the Android operating system.
Nokia 6 Full Phone Specifications
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- CDMA 800 / 1900.
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA.
- 4G: LTE | Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- Network Speed
- HSPA – 42.2/5.76 Mbps.
- LTE Cat4 – 150/50 Mbps.
- EV-DO Rev.A – 3.1 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 154 * 75.8 * 8.4 mm.
- Weight: 169g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Aluminium Alloy Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 430.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 505.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Compass, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 16MP with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0µm sensor size.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8MP with 1.12µm sensor size, f/2.0 aperture & 84-degree wide-angle lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Dolby Atmos | Dual speakers with dual smart amplifiers.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS & GLONASS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: January 8, 2017.
- Availability: First half 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: JD.com [Exclusive]
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- India: Rs. 16,740.
- China: ¥ 1699.
- USA: $245.
Availability and Price of Nokia 6 in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Nokia 6 will be sold exclusively on JD.com in the first half of 2017 and will be available for purchase only in China. It costs 1699 Yuan and comes in Black colour.