Nokia launched a number of Android devices in a strong return after the speculation of the giants of technology to die forever, it launched the Nokia 6 early this year. This new phone has a low-price category, and announced this month is the new Nokia 8, the phone was manufactured in cooperation with Foxconn. The new Nokia is beginning to break into the high-priced mobile category, with a price of 600 Euros compared to 230 Euros for Nokia 6. We will take a look at the Nokia 8 smartphone features and the pros and cons in some detail.
Appearance and gravity
The exterior of the Nokia 8 is made entirely of aluminum and glass, and the appearance of the phone is modern and streamlined. The edges are strikingly curved and its design is distinctive and innovative. The front of the phone consists of a 5.3-inch screen, a front camera and sensors next to the camera. The front side of the phone has a dual camera with dual lighting flash, the right side of the phone has the control buttons on the operation and audio, the top of the device has the speaker while at the bottom of the phone is the charger port and microphone.
Computing power and performance
The phone is equipped with a Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Kryo 8-core processor, the first four cores operate at a frequency of 1.8 GHz, while the other four are working at a frequency of 2.5 GHz, which enables the processor to operate the device smoothly and quickly to give the impression of the flow of the device dramatically. The Adreno 540 graphics processor, which has the power to play high-definition games, makes the phone a good choice for gamers, while the random memory is 4 GB, and is attributed to the device which falls under the category of high-end phones because of its specifications and high performance in multiple tasks.
Screen and battery
The screen is IPS LCD capacitive and is the only competitor to the AMOLED screens and supports 16 million colors. As mentioned above, the screen size is 5.3 inches with about 69.4% having a screen resolution measuring 1440 x 2560 pixels. The screen supports several touch-sensitive inputs. At the same time, there is screen protection of the Gorilla Corning version 5, which makes the device robust.
The battery capacity is 3090mAh and operates with lithium-ion technology. The battery is non-removable and the battery is low in capacity compared to similar devices.
Camera and imaging features
Enjoy a 13-megapixel rear camera and aperture to f/2.0. Dual LED for optimal lighting conditions. Ideal for low-light environments, the camera features geo-tagging, tactile zoom, face detection, panorama, HDR and Carl Zeiss optics, the video can be shot at 2160px, 30fps, 1080p and 30fps. The front camera comes with same 13-megapixels and can shoot 1080p video.
Nokia 8 Phone Details
- The exterior structure is aluminum and glass.
- There is screen protection of the Gorilla Corning version 5.
- Supports permanent screen playback.
- The microphone is 360-degree and is called Nokia OZO audio.
- The device is protected against water and dust bursts and is approved under IP.
- The appearance of the phone looks modern and streamlined.
- Quick Charge is supported with a charge rate of 48% during the first 30 minutes.
- Comes with Android operating system Nougat.
- Supports NFC connection.
- Storage is up to 64 GB and can be supplied with a memory card up to 256 GB.
- Very fast data transfer USB port 3.1, Type-C 1.0.
The Cons of Nokia 8
- Does not support FM radio.
- The battery is not removable.
- The phone is not water-proof like the similar devices in the price category.
- You can use a second connection or a memory card, not both.
- Does not support infrared connection.
- The camera cannot record 1080p video at 60 frames per second.