Nokia staged a comeback to the smartphone industry early this year with the Nokia 6, and the company is about to take things a notch higher with its flagship smartphone, the Nokia 8. A YouTuber spotted the device with the code name Supreme at the recently concluded CES 2017 event, and from his video, we have an almost complete list of the smartphone’s specifications.
The Nokia 8 would be the first smartphone to use the new Snapdragon 835 processor, and from the leaked specs, it would offer superior video recording quality, probably the best ever on a smartphone.
Nokia 8 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Nokia 8 is expected to feature a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with a Quad HD (2560 * 1440) pixel resolution and 518PPI pixel density. It would surely run on Android 7.0 Nougat from the box, and the Nokia logo lights up the phone’s screen when it boots.
In terms of processor, the Nokia 8 comes in two versions; one with the much-anticipated Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and an Adreno 540 GPU, and the second with a Snapdragon 821 processor and Adreno 530 GPU.
In terms of memory, the Nokia Supreme comes in 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM and 6GB RAM with 128GB ROM variants. The internal memory of both variants is expandable up to 256GB via a microSD slot. The front bezel of the phone houses a notification sensor and a 12MP selfie camera.
The main camera setup of the Nokia 8 is simply superb if it eventually turns out to be true. A 24MP camera with a Dual-tone LED flash adorns the smartphone’s rear, and the camera is packed with OIS, EIS 3.0 and 4K video recording, offering image & video stabilisation multiple times better than current smartphones.
In terms of hardware, the Nokia 8 packs dual front-facing speakers and a fingerprint sensor. It comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G LTE network connectivity, super-fast Wi-FI 802.11ac (MIMO) and next generation Bluetooth 5.0.
Nokia 8 Full Phone Specifications
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- CDMA 800 / 1900.
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- Network Speed: –
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display size: 5.7 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2560 * 1440 pixels (Quad HD).
- Display Technology: Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: –
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 835/Snapdragon 821.
- Processor Speed: 2.45GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540/Adreno 530.
- RAM: 4GB/6GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Hall sensor, Notification sensor, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 24MP with OIS and EIS 3.0.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K.
- Front-facing: 12MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v5.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (MIMO), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C 3.0 Reversible Connector.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: –
- Battery Technology: –
- Removable? –
- Charging: Fast Charge –
- Power Management: Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: –
- Availability: TBA
Availability and Price of Nokia 8 in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Nokia 8 is expected to be announced at the MWC event on the 26th of February, as teased not long ago by Nokia. What would be unveiled might be entirely different from what’s contained in this post, so take it with a pinch of salt, or to be more modern, a cup of ice cream 😉 .