OKWU, a new start-up technology company in India has launched its first smartphone known as the OKWU Pi which comes along with an interesting Bluetooth accessory called U-Tag. The company which is currently manufacturing and assembling their devices in Shenzhen, China is clearly sending out warning signals to competitors of their intention to break through the technology market. And certainly, they have made a statement with the OKWU Pi.
OKWU is the first Indian smartphone manufacturing company to come up with a dual rear camera on a smartphone. The phone sports familiar features including; 5-Inch HD display, 1.2GHz processor and a fingerprint sensor.
OKWU Pi Specifications, Review and Highlights
The OKWU Pi has an impressive metal body with a thickness of 6.5mm for slim-body phone lovers and weighs 138 grammes. OKWU Pi supports 4G VoLTE and sports a fingerprint scanner to unlock your phone at a speed of 0.2 seconds. It can also accommodate and store data for up to 10 fingerprints, allowing you to lock and unlock the phone with any of your ten fingers.
The OKWU Pi boasts of a 5-inch HD (1280 * 720 pixels) IPS display and is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 processor coupled with a Mali T720 GPU, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage, which can be increased to 32GB using a microSD card.
The OKWU Pi comes with 8MP + 2MP dual rear Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) cameras basically to increase its light-capturing capacity and produce sharp picture quality. It also sports a 2MP camera on the front, and all of these are equipped with LED flash.
The dual-SIM phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and supports WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity. The OKWU Pi packs a 2000mAh battery, which is expected deliver up to 10 hours of talk time and up to two days of standby time.
OKWU also launched a Bluetooth tag called U-Tag alongside Pi which can be connected to other devices. Users will be able to find tagged belongings using a buzzer when in close range. The U-Tag has an additional cost of Rs. 990.
OKWU Pi Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSPA+ 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro, microSD card) slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions: 6.5mm thickness.
- Weight: 138 g.
- Display: 5.0-inch, 1280 * 720 HD pixels IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Unibody Metal Design
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Rose Gold & Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Mediatek MT6735 Processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.2 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core
- Graphics Processor: Mali T720
- RAM: 1 GB.
- Internal Storage: 8 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 32 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.2-second fingerprint sensor.
- Rear: 8 MP + 2 MP PDAF.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 2 MP LED flash.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh.
- Charging: Regular.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 16, 2016.
- Availability: December 10, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N36,960
- Kenya: KES 8,993
- Ghana: GHS 354
- India: Rs 5,999
- China: 603 Chinese Yuan
- USA: $88
- UK: 71 British Pound Sterling
- Europe: 82 Euro
OKWU Pi Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The OKWU Pi can be pre-ordered as from November 27 for a price of Rs. 5,999 in India on the company website. OKWU Pi comes in Gold and Rose Gold colours, and shipping begins on the second week of December.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.