The Oneplus 3 Turbo, otherwise known as the Oneplus 3T is a variant of the Oneplus 3 that was launched some months ago and made waves all over the internet due to the 6GB RAM it came with. This new variant was formerly thought to be named Oneplus 3S, but a new leak on Weibo is suggesting otherwise.
The Oneplus 3 Turbo (Oneplus 3T) has the model name A3010 while the standard Oneplus 3 has a model name A3000. The Oneplus 3T will feature the latest Snapdragon processor, Android version and probably a new display technology. Apart from those, the specs of the Oneplus 3 Turbo remain the same.
Oneplus 3 Turbo (Oneplus 3T) Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Oneplus 3 Turbo has a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, though some speculations have it that the new smartphone would use an LCD display. We are of the opinion that the former display technology would be used, since the company’s co-founder Carl Pei already asserted the fact that the company would keep using optic AMOLED displays in their smartphones, unless otherwise annouced.
The Oneplus 3 Turbo comes with a dual Nano-SIM slot and like the Oneplus 3 supports 4G LTE network bands. It runs on the latest Snapdragon processor chip, Snapdragon 821 with an Adreno 530 GPU handling graphics operations.
It comes with the same 6GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage capacity of the Oneplus 3. At the rear is a 16MP camera with LED flash and at the front is an 8MP camera. The phone comes with a fingerprint sensor, 3,000mAh battery and is expected to run Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, unlike the Oneplus 3 which came with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Oneplus 3 Turbo (Oneplus 3T) Specifications (Summary)
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA / EVDO.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with Oxygen OS.
- Dimensions: 152.7 * 74.7 * 7.4 mm.
- Weight: 158g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (401 PPI), optic AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal build.
- Form Factor: –
- Colours: Graphite, Soft Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821.
- Processor Speed: 2.45GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530.
- RAM: 6 GB.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass.
- Rear: 16 MP, f/2.0 aperture, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), OIS, LED flash, 1/2.8″ sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR.
- Video recording: Yes, 2160p@30fps, 720p@120fps, Auto HDR.
- Front-facing: 8 MP, f/2.0 aperture, 1/3.2″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p.
- Music Support: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player.
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Voice 62dB / Noise 71dB / Ring 77dB.
- Audio Technology: Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- Video Support: DivX/Xvid/MP4/H.265 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – 60% in 30 min (Dash Charge).
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: TBD.
- Availability: TBD.
- Sales stores/platforms
- Online: TBD.
- Offline: TBD.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N201600.
- Kenya: KES 48659.
- Ghana: GHS 1911.
- India: Rs. 32117.
- China: CNY 3247.
- USA: $479.
- UK: GBP 393.
Oneplus 3 Turbo (Oneplus 3T) Availability and Price Details in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Oneplus 3T has not been officially confirmed yet, but we expect it to be launched very soon in order to replace the Oneplus 3, moreso now that Android 7.0 Nougat has been out for some time. It’s expected to cost around $80 more than the Oneplus 3 (which starts at a price of $399, meaning the Oneplus 3T would cost around $479.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.