After months of anticipations that have revealed a little; all that there was to unveil, OnePlus 6 has really been unveiled by its parent company, and seems to have fully met expectations. So let’s see immediately what we are dealing with, before launching ourselves into some consideration.
OnePlus 6 Technical features
- Screen : 6.28 “Optic AMOLED full HD + (1.080 x 2.280 pixels) in 19: 9
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X
- Internal memory: 64/128/256 GB UFS 2.1
- Rear camera : 16 MP with OIS + 20 MP, both f / 1.7
- Front camera : 16 megapixel f / 2.0
- Connectivity : dual nano-SIM, LTE, Wi-Fi dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C, audio jack
- Battery : 3,300 mAh
- Dimensions : 155.7 × 75.35 × 7.75 mm
- Weight: 177 grams
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS
No surprise than from a technical point of view, which once again sees the use of two rear cameras, one of which is optimized for shots with little light, as on OnePlus 5T. The portrait mode is also present on the front camera, thanks to the Artificial Intelligence. There are also special bokeh effects (circles, hearts, stars, etc.) to further personalize portraits. There is also the discussed super slow motion, only with the main cameras, which however has a frame rate lower than the competition: 1080p @ 240fps or 720p @ 480fps.
Regarding the design, the many images below speak for themselves. We just have to add that the glass is Gorilla Glass 5 both in front and back, and that there are three colors: Mirror and Midnight Black, equipped with a thin film under the glass to create a sense of depth, and the limited edition Silk White, which uses “pearl powder” to create a shimmering effect.
There are also the gestures we saw on OnePlus 5T, but by default, they are not enabled. You can however do that using the following gestures:
- Swipe up from the bottom center of the display -> Home
- Swipe up from the bottom to the left or right of the center -> Back
- Swipe up from the bottom by stopping the run by holding your finger on the screen -> Recent apps
Availability and price
OnePlus 6 is in pre-order from today, with effective availability starting from May 22, both on the official store, and on Amazon. Prices are € 519 for the 6 / 64GB version (only available in the color Black), € 569 for the 8 / 128GB (Mirror Black, Midnight Black, and Silk White ) and € 619 for the 8 / 256GB model (Midnight Black only). The increase compared to last year is therefore minimal: 20 euros on the basic model, and just 10 euros on the 128 GB, plus a new variant with so much memory that you have to put a lot of effort to exhaust it all.
Still, it is time to review it but to help you get to know it better you can rely on us in our upcoming OnePlus 6 specs review, and the huge variety of images.
have a great day!
- OnePlus Wireless Bullets: not anti-AirPods, and maybe that’s better! (Photos and videos)
- Amazon Germany unveils prices, dates and colors of the new OnePlus 6
- Download Android P for non-pixel device supported
- OnePlus 6 appears on a short Youtube video
- OnePlus 6 goes through Geekbench and achieves an excellent score
- OnePlus 5 has distribution of its final version of Android Oreo suspended indefinitely