We’ve seen some spectacular smartphones from Oukitel, like the Oukitel K10000 which comes with a 10000mAh battery, but the Oukitel U20 Plus is the first smartphone from the company to feature a dual rear camera setup.
The Oukitel U20 Plus is a budget smartphone with features and specifications that would make you think it’s an high-end smartphone while in reality it’s not. The company calls it a budget smartphone, but while that may be true in terms of its price (it costs less than $120), it can be categorized into the mid-range section according to its specs.
Oukitel U20 Plus Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Oukitel U20 Plus has a 5.5-inch IPS display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) resolution and 401 pixel density. The smartphone’s design language is synonymous with that of other Oukitel phones. It packs a 3000mAh Li-ion battery and has a micro-USB v2.0 port which gives it USB OTG compatibility.
The Oukitel U20 Plus is powered by an octa-core MTK 6737T processor with a speed of 1.3GHz which is further assisted by a Mali-T720 graphics processor. It has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 32GB with a microSD card.
Also Check Out:
It comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G network connectivity. There’s a 13MP+2MP dual camera setup with LED flash on the rear while the front houses an 8MP selfie shooter. The Oukitel U20 Plus runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
Oukitel U20 Plus Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSUPA/HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- Speed: 42.2 Mbps (HSDPA), 5.76 Mbps.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800); LTE 700 / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600.
- Speed: LTE Cat 4 150/50 Mbps, LTE Cat 6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions: 154 mm * 77.5 mm * 8.5mm.
- Weight: 195 g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (401 PPI), IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Plastic with metal trimmings.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black & White.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6737T.
- Processor Speed: 1.3 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T720.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Internal Storage: 16 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 32 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Rear: 13MP + 2MP Dual cameras.
- Features: Geotagging, Autofocus, HDR.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Front-facing: 8 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS.
- USB: USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 21, 2016.
- Availability: December 6, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N51,000.
- Kenya: KES 12,195.
- Ghana: GHS 520.
- India: Rs. 8161.
- China: 824 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $119.99
- UK: 94 British Pounds.
- Europe: 112.5 Euro.
Oukitel U20 Plus Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Oukitel U20 Plus comes in Black and White colours and would be available on online e-commerce sites like Gearbest and Geekbuying from the 6th of December.
- Reliance LYF F1S with 16MP camera & Snapdragon 652 processor: Specs & Price
- Cool Changer S1 with 6GB RAM & Snapdragon 821 processor: Specs & Price
- Zen Cinemax Click with 4G VoLTE & 2700mAh battery launched: Specs & Price
- Doogee Shoot 1 with Dual Rear Cameras & DTouch Hybrid Fingerprint Sensor: Specs & Price
- Panasonic P88 with Triple LED Flash & 5.3-inch display launched: Specs & Price
- Cool Changer 1C with Snapdragon 652 processor & 4060mAh battery: Specs & Price