As the year draws to a close, Panasonic has also joined other notable OEMs to release an affordable 4G smartphone dubbed the Panasonic P88. The phone comes with a LED flash at the front to give selfie lovers a delectable picture quality. In addition to this, the P88 comes with an anti-dust receiver to protect the phone from dust so that the phone can last a long time. The phone has some decent features that put it in a position to compete with other similarly-priced smartphones.
Panasonic P88 Pro Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Panasonic P88 comes in a metal body design and sports a 5.3-inch HD IPS capacitive display with a resolution of 1280*720 pixels. The phone uses 2.5D curved Asahi glass on the front to protect it from scratches. The Panasonic P88 smartphone is powered by 1.25GHz Quad-Core Cortex A53 MediaTek MT6737 with Mali-T720 MP2.
The phone packs 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage that can be expanded to 128GB via microSD card. The Panasonic P88 sports a 13MP rear camera with triple LED flash and a 5MP front camera also with LED Flash for selfies and video calls.
The Panasonic P88 runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system, it also supports Android for Work feature that allows the user to separate business apps from personal ones. Despite its camera prowess, the smartphone packs a not too impressive 2,600mAh removable Li-Ion battery.
Also Check Out:
The phone has a thickness of 8.4mm and weighs 156 grammes. The Panasonic P88 is a dual SIM based phone and also has sensors like Gravity Sensor, Touch Sensor, Proximity sensor, light sensor but doesn’t feature a fingerprint sensor. The P88 is a 4G VoLTE phone that connects via Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro-USB v2.0 & 3G.
Panasonic P88 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G: HSPA+ GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 4G: LTE : LTE band 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300).
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions: 8.4mm.
- Weight: 156 grammes.
- Display: 5.3-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels (277 PPI), HD IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Charcoal Grey and Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Cortex A53 MediaTek MT6737 Processor Speed: 1.25GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad -core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-T720 MP2
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Yes
- Rear: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 5MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 2600mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Ion.
- Removable? No
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes
- Power Management: – Marshmallow saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: December 2016
- Availability: December 2016
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: ₦55,860.
- Kenya: KSh. 13,706.
- Ghana: GH₵559.3.
- India: Rs. 9,290.
- China: ¥932.5.
- USA: $134.
- UK: £107.3.
- Europe: €128.2.
Availability and Price of Panasonic P88 in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Panasonic P88 is expected to be available soon on major online outlets in India with a price tag of Rs.9,290.
- Reliance LYF F1S with 16MP camera & Snapdragon 652 processor: Specs & Price
- Cool Changer S1 with 6GB RAM & Snapdragon 821 processor: Specs & Price
- Zen Cinemax Click with 4G VoLTE & 2700mAh battery launched: Specs & Price
- Doogee Shoot 1 with Dual Rear Cameras & DTouch Hybrid Fingerprint Sensor: Specs & Price
- Cool Changer 1C with Snapdragon 652 processor & 4060mAh battery: Specs & Price
- Lava X50+ with 4G VoLTE and Android 6.0 Marshmallow Specs & Price