A 38-year-old Victorian woman has been charged with serious religious defamation after posting comments about Islam on Facebook.
The Swan Hill woman, 38, made the post on 27 November and was charged to court on 15 December so as not to would encourage others to commit same harm.
It is accept that the post made reference to burning of mosques.
In Other News:
- WhatsApp and Facebook, fined 600,000 euros in Spain for sharing personal data
- Facebook is testing the “downvote” button, replacing the “dislike” button
- Instagram now lets you write down the reply photo to your friends with a new feature called “Remix”
- Amid protests, Pakistan’s government blocks Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Facebook launched a new application for content makers
- Facebook Offers 360 Degree Photography