The Android Oreo is being highly anticipated by many users of the green little robot. The owners of the Razer Phone are part of this group, but the wait tends to end soon. Razer has announced that the upgrade is coming.
Confirmation came through the company’s Twitter where she stated that she will skip Android 8.0 and move directly to 8.1 Oreo. Check out:
Attention Razer Phone owners! We’re making the jump straight to Android 8.1 Oreo and we’re pleased to announce that the update will be coming to you mid to late April 2018.
— R Λ Z Ξ R (@Razer) March 29, 2018
No update changelog for Android 8.1 has been released. However, the basic new features of the new operating system version should certainly be included, including picture-in-picture, notification points in application icons, and other features.
The update will be available to everyone by the end of April, but if you’re anxious and do not care about using a beta system, you can download the Developer Preview version manually and install it on your device. This version has the security patch of February 5, 2018. If this is the same build that will be made available to the public, the system will already be two patches late.
Do you have a Razer Phone? What is your take on this?
- New version of Android Messaging further simplifies copying of access codes in SMS
- Upcoming iPhone looks more like Android clone than iPhone X
- Samsung Galaxy S9 received an unspecified patch on T-Mobile
- Ulefone S7 Go: It will be the new phone that will run Android Go
- Nacho Notch App allows you to hide the notch on your smartphone screen
- Xiaomi gaming smartphone gets release date