At this time of the jet age, it will be quite abysmal to wait at the bank or the PHCN office to pay your PHCN Prepaid Meter bill if you can simply make it out of the comfort of your home from your phone or PC.
Today, many houses in Nigeria use PHCN Prepaid Meter, the numerical calculation of energy consumption. Mostly, if you have a prepaid meter in your house, it means that the electricity company will give you the amount of energy that you used in the quarter or month.
If you have a store or a small shade, you can convert this into a source of income for yourself by helping people to charge their prepaid meters with you charging them small fees for the transaction.
The are many ways on recharging your PHCN prepaid meter in a few minutes, but in this article, I am going to be sharing the easiest method with you guys.
The are many ways on recharging your PHCN prepaid meter in a few minutes but in this article, I am going to be sharing the easiest method with you guys.
Things You Need
Before you proceed, you need to have the three things mentioned below to follow this process.
- A smartphone or a computer.
- Internet connection on your device.
- A debit or credit card for transactions.
How To Load PHCN Prepaid Meter Online Without Visiting PHCN Office?
- Pick up your smartphone or go to your computer.
- Open your internet browser and go to https://www.payelectricitybills.com.
- Pick the electricity distribution company you are paying to from the available choices. You can do this by tapping or clicking on their logo like in the picture below.
- Enter the required information into the empty text boxes displayed. This includes your account details like your plan type, the meter number, your phone number and the amount you want to pay in Naira.
- Click on “Continue” to verify the details you entered and proceed.
- As soon as your account details have been verified, you will be directed to a secure page where your payment information will be entered. On this page, you will be asked to enter your card information, and once you are done, a meter token will be sent after the payment is successful.
- Type in the 20 digit token which was sent to you and press “#” when you are done to confirm.
Your Prepaid meter will automatically get recharged, and that is all.
The second method involves using your bank’s mobile app or their official website to make your payments.
- Go to your bank’s official website or launch their mobile app on your mobile device (if your bank has one).
- Log in to your account by entering your username and password into the respective fields.
- Browse through their website or app to find a menu meant for paying bills.
- Look for PHCN and tap on it when you see it.
- Type in all the required information including your meter number, the amount you are purchasing and other useful information. Make sure all the information you entered is correct.
- If an OTP (Online Transaction Password) is required to proceed, type it in.
- Check again to make sure all you entered is correct.
- Confirm the number of your online transaction token and enter it in the proper field.
On successful payment confirmation, an email and token will be sent to your phone containing 20 digits numbers, enter it on your prepaid meter and press the # tag to key it in.
You should note that the bank will charge you a fee of NGN 100 for this transaction.