I can clearly remember on quite a number of occasions, how I deleted a message either mistakenly or not, and later wanting the message back. I guess most mobile phone users should have experienced this also; that is why I have decided to make today’s tutorial on how you can recover your deleted text messages on android devices.
Just as some of us know, that whenever you delete a file on your PC, it still resides there until it is overwritten by new data – which is why data recovery is possible. This also applies to mobile devices; when you delete your text messages, they would still be residing on your memory until you save new data that may overwrite them by taking their place. So in order to be able to retrieve your text messages, you have to ensure that you do not save any new data immediately after deleting the message – so as to increase the chances of retrieval.
How To Recover Deleted Text Messages On Android
For this tutorial, it is required that your Android device is rooted before commencing the procedures below. Also make sure that your Android device battery is above 20% of power. You also require a Windows/Mac PC for the tutorial. If everything is ready, then jump to the steps below:
- Step 1: Download and install FonePaw Android Data Recovery for Windows/Mac.
- Step 2: Launch the program on your PC. Enable USB Debugging on your Android device and connect it to your PC.
- Step 3: The recovery program should ask you to confirm the Android version of your device. Press the Start button to continue.
- Step 4: Next, in the program interface, select the file types that you wish to restore. For retrieving your messages, check the Messages and Messages Attachment options. Click Next to continue.
- Step 5: The program should prompt you to allow Superuser permission on your device. Allow the request, and the program should start scanning for deleted messages.
- Step 6: View the details of the scanned results and retrieve your deleted messages by selecting them and subsequently clicking on Recover to restore them on your PC.
That’s all. You do not need to worry anymore when you lose or mistakenly delete your text messages by using this tool. Isn’t it wonderful? I look forward to your thoughts on this tutorial. Do have a nice day.