If you have forgotten your Google or Gmail account password and are unable to log in, we will tell you how to recover your account using your phone number.
Having a google account today is the most common thing in the world. The problem comes when we have several accounts with different passwords and we are unable to access any of these accounts.
The best way in these cases is to configure our account by adding our phone number so we can recover it if needed.
It is important that the security of our account is high because we store large personal and professional information as well as the possibility of finding our smartphone in case of loss.
We must remember that there is the possibility of resetting our password from a previously configured secondary recovery email address.
This is a fairly simple process since Google will send a link to this email with which we will be able to recover the account by resetting a new password.
The problem is that if we have also forgotten the password of this second account the solution becomes complicated. Therefore, if we use the phone number option, the recovery options are extended and improved.
How to recover a Google or Gmail account via the phone number
The first thing we need to do to use this configuration is to access our Google account via a browser on a PC.
- In the navigation pane on the left, click on Security.
- Scroll down the page and click on Recovery phone number.
- From there, you can do the following:
- Add recovery phone.
- Change the recovery phone: next to the number, select Edit.
- Delete the recovery phone: next to the number, select Delete.
- Follow the steps that appear on the screen.
Note: if you delete the recovery phone number, it could still be used in other Google services. Go to your account to manage your phone numbers.
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Accounts device Google Apps app.
- Tap Personal Information at the top.
- In the “Contact Information” section, tap Phone.
- From here you can:
- Add a phone number: in the “Your phone numbers” section, select Add no. phone recovery. If you have not already done so, we recommend adding a phone number for recovery.
- Change your phone number: tap Change number next to the number.
- Change your phone number: next, to the number, tap Delete to Remove number.
- Follow the directions shown on the screen.
Once selected, we will receive an SMS on our phone for verification and authentication. Once this code is entered, we will have our phone associated with our Google account.
In case we have forgotten the password but we have activated this option, we can retrieve it from the “Forgot your password?” Option. You will receive a text message or a call on our phone to proceed with the restore.