JAMB regularization (also referred to as “Late Jamb Application”) provides an opportunity for candidates that are in any institution but with no JAMB registration number. This is just the right time to talk about this once and for all, since most of this year prospective direct entry applicants have been asking what Jamb regularization is, Jamb regularization deadline, Jamb regularization fee, how to get Jamb regularization number and print slip out.
This year 2017 regularization payment/procedures are quite similar to last year process, the only difference is the payment mode.
After the new JAMB Registrar took over, a lot of changes has been made on the official JAMB Website, such as the design and the placement of the E-facility activities, Remember the use of scratch card has also been banned as payment online will serve as the new method.
Since this is new to most people, I will use this piece to discuss what Jamb regularization is and also how to register it by yourself using your smartphone or laptop since there was no biometric instead of going to an internet cafe only to be charged high
Before thinking about sharing this piece with you guys, I need to confess how vexed I was when I visited a cafe for this same Jamb regularization and I was told that I would pay an exorbitant fee of N1,500 for the registration aside the N10,000 that Jamb will charge. I immediately walked out angry and told myself “I can do it,” and I did under 20 minutes. You can too.
Without much further ado, let’s get started. I will be showing you a step by step procedures to register JAMB Regularization online.
What Is Jamb Regularization?
Note that, JAMB regularisation is also known as LATE APPLICATION on JAMB website. Jamb regularization only means the reconciliation of your OND/ND/NCE/HND admission between your institution and Jamb. I hope you understand what I mean.
What Regularization Means In Practical
When you got admission into your previous school, Polytechnic, College of Education or any other ones. There are chances that your polytechnic or college of education admitted you then without Jamb’s Knowledge or approval. This could happen in two ways:
- You were accepted as a part time student who did not write jamb to secure the admission. So you do not even have Jamb number.
- You wrote Jamb, and you got admission, but your school did not notify Jamb of your admission. Even though you have Jamb reg number.
Whatever the situation is, you are in the same problem.
Who Are To Regularize?
The following categories of students are particularly affected and need to regularize:
- 200 – 500 Level students admitted through Pre-Degree programme (PDS) without JAMB Information.
- Students admitted through PDS/JAMB mode but had been offered admission into another tertiary institution.
- 200 – 500 Level students admitted through JAMB mode but found no admission information on the JAMB website.
- Students admitted through JAMB mode but with different admission information on JAMB website.
- Already admitted undergraduates whose JAMB Admission Status reads “No Admission Given Yet” or whose JAMB admission letters are not available for printing on JAMB’s website
- Students who were given double admission and the admission details displayed on JAMB portal is not for the desired school.
- Graduates of ND, HND, NCE, IJMB, etc. students trying to apply for JAMB direct entry and gets a response like; “Invalid Registration Number” or “Registration Number does not exist“
The application steps are as follows:
- Create a Profile
- Make Payment
- Complete your profile
- Download and Print Forms
How To Know You Have Regularization Problem Before?
This is not funny because you might not have been aware if not that you want to obtain a direct entry form, or you want to go to NYSC.To know if you have this problem. Follow the steps below:
- Go to jamb.org.ng
- Scroll to the year you wrote your jamb (e.g. 2012)
- Click on Check Admission Status
- Enter your Jamb number and click enter.
You will get a message like “Sorry no admission is given yet.”
Note: The above procedures are to be carried out only by those who have a Jamb number. In case you were a part time students then, you entered without taking Jamb, don’t bother to check. I will tell you what to do.
Either you have Jamb number or part time students, you are both in the same problem.
Follow these steps to do Regularization
You are to pay N10,000 for JAMB regularisation to JAMB account either through direct online payment or remitta. Your school is not expected to charge you anything. Kindly follow the procedures below to regularise your admission today.
Information Needed During Regularization
The necessary information to be supplied include the following:
- Matriculation Number in the school admitted
- Full name (no abbreviations)
- JAMB registration number (UTME, DE), Pre Degree Registration Number. (where applicable)
- Your State of origin, Local Government/Area LGA
- Date of birth (the one used during JAMB registration)
- Course you are studying
- Full address used in JAMB registration
- Year of admission
PROCEDURE/STEPS ON HOW TO DO JAMB REGULARIZATION
- You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, just type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide the followings:
- Valid email address,
- Surname, first name,
- Valid mobile Number
- State and LGA of Origin
- Password, then click on the Sign-Up button.Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- After you have logged in, On the page that opens, click “Regularize Admission”.
- After clicking “Regularize Admission”, the payment Confirmation Page will appear. A Transaction ID will be generated. You will find this displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details shown on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID shown in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is used for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- If you wish to pay with your ATM card immediately, click on the Continue button. if you wish to pay using other payment methods like ATM, Cash at the Bank and Quickteller.
- By clicking the continue button you will be taken to the Interswitch Payment page, where your will be required to enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The payment status will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” and SMS/email notification containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- After completion of payment, you will be required to provide the following details; a. Year of Exam and b. JAMB Registration Number.
- Once you are done providing the details correctly, the application form will appear. You will be required to complete the application form online. Please take note of the mandatory fields (*).
- After completing the application, click on the Submit button.
- An Indemnity Form will be made available after you have submitted your application. Print this, sign and take it to your institution or school for approval.
- Your institution will then submit the form to the state office of JAMB.
- Once the form has been received by the state office of JAMB, the form will be processed, and if approved, your details will be uploaded to your profile on JAMB website, and your details changed as requested. You will get a notification to that effect once it is done.
- To confirm that your details have been correctly changed, proceed to check your JAMB Admission Status. If it displays your admission details correctly, it means your JAMB Regularization process was successful.
When Is Jamb Regularization Deadline?
No date will be announced for closing. You just have to act fast and almost immediately. Jamb may not announce the deadline for regularization. Your direct entry form closing date is what you have to consider. But try to follow the procedures above. So that you can complete your direct entry form almost immediately.
Note: The same procedures apply to prospective corpers who want to go for NYSC but are facing Jamb regularization problems.
I hope this helps?