LYF, a sub-brand of Reliance, a leading Indian Telecom operator made its way into the competitive technology market with an entry-level smartphone called the Wind 7 in August. Sequel to its success, the company has proceeded to come up with a cheaper version of the Wind 7, dubbed the Lyf Wind 7i. The LYF WIND 7i is a smartphone tag-lined as ‘’Jumpstart your life’’; this device comes with a 24-month extended warranty like most of the smartphones from LYF.
The LYF Wind 7i has 4G Voice over LTE and supports dual-SIM, it has a 5-inch HD display and it is powered by a Snapdragon 210 processor similar to the Wind 7. However, unlike the Wind 7 which has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, the Wind 7i has 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage; from all indications, LYF decided to downgrade a little bit in order to have a smartphone that will compete with other budget smartphones.
Reliance LYF Wind 7i Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Reliance LYF Wind 7i packs a 5-inch HD (1280 * 720 pixels) IPS (294 PPI) display and is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) processor with Adreno 304 GPU, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage which can be increased to 128GB using a microSD card.
The LYF Wind 7i is a dual-SIM phone which runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and supports 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity.
The smartphone sports an 8MP PDAF camera with LED Flash at the rear, and the front camera has a 5MP sensor that comes with HDR mode. It also has photography modes like Enhancer mode and Panorama mode. The Wind 7i packs a 2250mAh battery which is expected to deliver up to 9 hours of talk time and up to two days of standby time.
The LYF Wind 7i comes in black and blue colours, has a dimension of 143.5 * 72 * 8.7 millimetres and a weight of 156 gramme§.
LYF Wind 7i Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSPA+ 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE 850 / 1800 / 2300.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro, microSD card) slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions: 143.5 * 72 * 8.7 mm
- Weight: 156 g.
- Display: 5.0-inch, 1280* 720 HD pixels (294 PPI) IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: –
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Rose Gold & Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) Processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.3 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 304.
- RAM: 1 GB.
- Internal Storage: 8 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity.
- Rear: 8 MP PDAF.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 5 MP LED flash.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2250 mAh.
- Charging: Regular
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 16, 2016.
- Availability: November 16, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms
- Online: Lyf.com.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N30,660.
- Kenya: KES 7,432.
- Ghana: GHS 293.
- India: Rs 4,999.
- China: 498 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $73.
- UK: 59 British Pound Sterling.
- Europe: 68 Euro.
Reliance LYF Wind 7i Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The LYF Wind 7i was launched on November 16 with a price tag of Rs. 4,999 in India, and can be pre-ordered right now here. It is yet to hit the Nigerian market.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.