When you have little space on your mobile device or just want to store a good amount of information on a memory card, undoubtedly, the microSD is the best since they are not only small, so they do not occupy any space, but they can also keep a good amount of data of all kinds.
The problem comes when that SD card is damaged, but do not worry that there are two methods that I want to teach you to be able to repair it in a very simple way and you do not have to throw the SD card away. Follow the steps that I will discuss below, without skipping any.
How to fix a microSD Card
- First of all, you will have to download a program called Recuva, which is basically to try to recover all the information on that card. Also, remember that it is not always possible to recover all the information, sometimes you can not even recover a portion.
- Then connect the SD card to the computer using a card reader, if you have a laptop, usually bring by default (some) card reader.
- Right mouse click on the SD card drive to choose properties, tools, and check.
- If there is a blockage on the card, you must run the tab that protects against writing and removes it to re-insert it into the PC. Now if it appears as if the storage device is empty what you are going to have to do is go to Folder Options, View and in this part enable hidden folders and units, which is almost at the end, then simply click on to accept.
Solution: Fix damaged microSD Card
Another solution is to use a computer to fix the damaged memory card.
- Go to start and then write CMD.
- On the screen type "SFC / SCANNOW" without the quotes and with the microSD connected to the computer, enter it.
- The system will start scanning the card and will try to repair all the files in it.
As you can see it is not at all complicated to repair a microSD, though, I warn you that you can not always recover the data it had. In case they are extremely important data, it is always advisable to have a backup in the cloud since depending on the service you use, it is practically impossible to lose data.
My biggest recommendation is to use Google Drive, as they will always be safe and in turn Who does not have an Android account? The free version is more than enough for most people.