Forgetting your password is a common thing among mobile phone users, especially Android phone users and the Samsung smartphones is no exception. When this happens, the next solution is to reset the phone’s password.
There are many ways to reset Android phones in general, but almost all of them involve you completing a hard factory reset and doing this can result in you losing all your data or file saved on your phone. The following are simple guides on how to reset the lock screen password on Samsung Galaxy phones using any of the three different methods below:
1. Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Press and hold the Volume increase button, the power button and the home button of your phone all at a time until the android icon appears on the screen.
- Using the volume up and down buttons to scroll and the power button to select, choose the Wipe data/ factory reset option.
- Select Yes – delete all user data.
- After the Galaxy phone has been rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy phone restarts, all data and files will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
The guide below is an alternative method to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy phone. It is is very much important to note that before you go ahead to do a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy phone, all files and information should be backed up to prevent data loss.
2. Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another method which we would talk about is using Samsung Find My Mobile/Find My Android. This is quite similar to Find My iPhone. This feature lets you have access to your Samsung Galaxy phone without having your password for a short while. Before you can be able to use this feature, you will need to register with Samsung.
- Register your Galaxy phone with Samsung.
- Use the Find My Mobile service to reset the password temporarily.
- Unlock your phone using the temporary password you created.
- Go to the phone settings.
- Change the phone password/pattern.
3. Password Reset with Android Device Manager
To use the Android Device Manager, you will need to have the Android Device Manager on your PC and register your Samsung Galaxy phone to it. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Galaxy phone password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Galaxy phone.
- Login to the Android Device Manager app from your PC.
- Look for your phone on the screen.
- Enable the ‘Lock & Erase’ feature.
- A list of steps to unlock your phone will appear. Follow the steps to unlock your phone.
- Set a temporary password for your phone.
- Unlock your phone using the temporary password.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Change your phone password.