If you own a Samsung Galaxy S8 or a Galaxy S8 Plus, chances are you have your phone protected with a password. It would actually weird if you do not. Well, sometimes people forget passwords and get locked out of their different devices and if such happens to you with your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, what do you do? Well, the best thing to do in such case would be to reset your phone and how do you do that? Well, in this post, we will be talking about how to reset the password of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
In certain cases, you may be advised to perform a hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. This method will help you gain access to your phone again but will delete all data from your smartphone and if you don’t already have a backup, this might not be a good solution. So in absence of a backup already on your device, this method is a no go.
Good for you, there are some alternatives which you can use to reset the password of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 and gain access back into your phone. So, let us check a different method to can use to gain access back to your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. To use this method, you need to have a Samsung account and you also need to have signed in at least once.
With the Samsung account activated and also the Remote controls feature enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, the Find My Mobile Service should work to help you reset the password of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. So to reset your device, follow the steps below.
- Get another device connected to the internet and go to Samsung Find My Mobile web page (https://findmymobile.samsung.com).
- Next login with your Samsung account credentials.
- Now search for your device on the page and then make sure that both the Remote Controls and also the Connection statuses are turned on.
- Next, look for the “Unlock My Screen” option and tap on it.
- Tap on the Unlock button on the right side of the screen.
- After that, you should be able to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus with just a swipe. The password which was set on your device before will be removed and swipe is all you need to unlock your device.
In a case where you cannot access the Find My Mobile feature, the only left option for you is to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. However, make sure you backup your data before you proceed.
So was this guide able to help? Let us know in the comment section below.