Samsung is gearing up to launch a new smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro in the Galaxy C series. This has been confirmed by recent listings of the smartphone on trusted benchmarking platforms, AnTuTu and Geekbench.
The Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro is a better variant of the Samsung Galaxy C7 that was unveiled in May 2016. The specifications of the two smartphones are almost the same, but some improvements have been made in the aspects of internal storage, processor and connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro Specifications, Review and Highlights
According to the listings on Geekbench and AnTuTu, the Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro has the same 5.7-inch screen size as its predecessor, with the same Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and Super AMOLED display panels. The phone possesses a physical home button beneath the display with a fingerprint sensor embedded in it.
The processor in the Galaxy C7 Pro has been upgraded from the Snapdragon 625 in the standard Galaxy C7 to a newer 2.2GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 626 processor which runs on the 14nm process and works with an Adreno 506 GPU to ensure that operations are run smoothly.
The phone comes with 4GB of RAM, but unlike the C7 which came in 32GB and 64GB internal storage variants, the Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro has just a 64GB ROM variant. The expandable storage limit has also been increased from 128GB to 256GB.
The Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slot is still intact, but VoLTE function has been added to the 4G LTE capability of the device. The Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro sports a 16MP camera with f/1.9 aperture and a dual-tone LED flash at the rear. The same setup minus the flash is present at the front.
Amongst other connectivity features, the Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro supports NFC with which you can utilise the Samsung Pay App on the smartphone. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA+.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Nano SIM.
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions: -
- Weight: -
- Display: 5.7-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD, Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: -
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 MSM8976Pro.
- Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 16 MP, f/1.9 aperture.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 16 MP with f/1.9 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: -
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: -
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 + 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: -
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes, compatible with Samsung Pay.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: -
- Charging: Fast Charge –
- Power Management: Marshmallow's Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: -
- Launch Date: December 2016.
- Availability: TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: TBA
- Offline: TBA
- Launch Price: TBA
Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro is expected to be announced soon, most probably in this month December along with the Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro. As the month progresses, more information about the smartphone including its price details would be made known.