Samsung Mobile is set to launch another smartphone in the Galaxy C series, the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro in China very soon (in some hours’ time, in fact), but for now the full specifications of the smartphone have been made public via a tweet and listing on Chinese e-commerce site T-Mall
The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is going to be the successor to the Galaxy C9 in the series, and it comes as the first ever Samsung smartphone with 6GB of RAM – the highest the company has ever gone in terms of processor memory is 4GB RAM in the Galaxy Note 7. This would however be the first of many, considering that the Galaxy S8 has been rumoured to come with 6GB of RAM in 2017.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is in the phablet range, featuring a 6-inch SAMOLED display with a Full HD resolution. It is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 653 processor with a speed of 2GHz, and an Adreno 510 GPU. It comes with 6GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage capacity which can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD.
The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro sports a 16MP camera set-ups at the rear and front, and the rear camera is accompanied by a dual-tone LED Flash. A fingerprint sensor is embedded into the home button of the device for biometric verification and security.
Also Check Out:
The Galaxy C9 Pro packs a 4000mAh battery which could be why it weighs 185 grammes and has a thickness of 6.9mm. The phone has a dual Nano-SIM slot through which it supports 4G LTE network bands. It also comes with a USB Type-C port which gives it USB OTG support and allows you to share its battery juice directly with other smartphones.
The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Samsung’s custom UI layered on top with a lot of software tweaks.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Specifications (Summary)
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Samsung’s custom UI.
- Dimensions: 162.9 * 80.7 * 6.9mm.
- Weight: 185g.
- Display: 6-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (367 PPI), Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal (aluminium) body.
- Form Factor: –
- Colours: Gold, Pink Gold, Dark Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology: Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652.
- Processor Speed: 2GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 510.
- RAM: 6 GB.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Compass.
- Rear: 13 MP, Autofocus, f/1.9 aperture, Dual-tone LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR.
- Front-facing: 16 MP.
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Stereo speakers, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- Video Support: MP4/WMV/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes, with RDS.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: Micro-USB Type-C reversible connector.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4,000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: ANT+ support, HTML5 Browser.
- Launch Date: Friday, 21st of October, 2016.
- Availability: TBD.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: T-mall (Buy Now) [China].
- Offline: TBD.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N200000.
- Kenya: KES 47365.
- Ghana: GHS 1862
- India: Rs. 31670.
- China: CNY 3199.
- USA: $470
- UK: GBP
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Availability and Price Details in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro comes in Gold, Pink Gold and Dark Grey colours and would be launched at a price of 3199 Yuan in China.
Where to Buy Samsung Phones/Tablets S & Pay On Delivery
Jumia Nigeria |from N13,995 View Price Offers, Click Here!
Jumia Kenya |from Ksh3,530 View Price Offers, Click Here!
Jumia Ghana |from GH?159 View Price Offers, Click Here!
We ♥ Comments! TechLector wants to hear from you. Show us some love by commenting in the comment box below…
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge with Snapdragon 430 processor & 2GB RAM emerges: Expected Specs & Price
- Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro with 16MP cameras & 4GB RAM coming: Expected Specs
- Samsung Galaxy On Nxt Features Review & Price
- Itel 1703 iNote Prime 3 (Prime III) Phablet with 6000mAh Battery: Specs & Price
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Specs
- mi-Tribe A500 Full Specifications & Price