The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus is the bigger version of the Galaxy S20 smartphone. The new device packs a slightly bigger screen size. It also has an upgraded camera set-up and a bigger battery capacity as well. It's a premium device from the South Korean company.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Full Specs Summary
- Announced: 2020, February 11
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Release Date: release 2020, March 6
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 73.7 x 7.8 mm (6.37 x 2.90 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Sim Card: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.0 cm2 (~90.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~525 ppi density)
- Operating System: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Chipset: Exynos 990 (7 nm+) - Global
Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) - USA
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2x2.60 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) - Global
Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585) - USA
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 - Global
Adreno 650 - USA
- Internal Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM
- Expandable Memory: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 64 MP + 12 MP + 0.3 MP, TOF
- Selfies Camera: 10 MP
- USB: 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network: 4G
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 25W
USB Power Delivery 3.0
Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Colors: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cosmic Black
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus just like the standard version is built with the combination of glass and aluminum frame. The phone is built using a corning gorilla glass 6 both on the back and front.
It has a smooth panel that houses the camera and other sensors. It measures 161.9 x 73.7 x 7.8 mm in dimensions and weighs 186 grams. It also comes with both dust and water-resistant with an IP68 rating.
As for the display, you will be greeted with an on-screen fingerprint scanner. The device has a large display size of 6.7 inches with an impressive Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen. The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels and 525 PPI density for clear visuals. It supports Always on Display with HDR10+ and also displays protection of corning gorilla glass 6. The smartphone has a 90.5% screen-to-body ratio.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus packs a quad rear camera set-up. The camera consists of a 12 MP wide with an additional 64 MP telephoto lens, another 12 MP ultrawide sensor and 0.3 MP with a TOF depth sensor.
The main camera is paired with an LED flash and can also shoot [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps video resolution. Selfies lovers will get a front camera of 10 MP on the front which is for selfies and video calling.
Hardware And Software
Rocking the device is a powerful Exynos 990 chipset that is built with 7 nm+ process technology. The chip has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.73 GHz and Mali-G77 MP11 for graphics.
There's also another version with Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 for the USA only. The phone runs on the latest Android 10 operating system.
Storage Capacity And Sensors
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus has an internal storage of 128GB that is paired with 8GB RAM for a smooth ride. The memory is expandable via a micro SD card as well. The sensor on the smartphone is Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer.
As for the battery, the Galaxy S20 Plus comes with additional 500 mAh making it 4500 mAh battery. The battery has support for fast charging, wireless charging and reverses wireless charging. It also features USB Power Delivery 3.0 and the battery promise to last a full day when fully charged.
For browsing and downloads, the smartphone has support for 4G LTE Network. You will also get other connectivity options such as Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, Bluetooth and 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
An additional feature on the phone includes the Bixby assistance, Samsung Pay and Samsung Dex.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Price And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus is now available for purchase at a price of about 1000 EUR. The phone will be shipped in multiple colors such as Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, and Cosmic Black.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, just as you can see, is the bigger version of the Galaxy S20 smartphone. Both phones come with similar body designs and specifications. The little differences can be found on the display, camera, and battery. So the Galaxy S20 Plus will make a wise buy if you are willing to add an extra 100 EUR which is the price difference with the later.