The South Korea tech company has finally announced the Samsung Galaxy S20 series. The smartphone was accompanied by the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip. The new phone which is the Samsung Galaxy S20 is a flagship device that is in the same segment as the Galaxy S10 series. It comes with an impressive camera set-up and a powerful processor as well.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Full Specs Summary
- Announced: 2020, February 11
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Release Date: release 2020, March 6
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm (5.97 x 2.72 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 163 g
- Sim Card: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 93.8 cm2 (~89.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~563 ppi density)
- Operating System: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Chipset: Exynos 990 (7 nm+) - Global
Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) - USA
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2x2.60 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) - Global
Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585) - USA
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 - Global
Adreno 650 - USA
- Internal Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM
- Expandable Memory: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 64 MP + 12 MP
- Selfies Camera: 10 MP
- USB: 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network: 4G
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 25W
USB Power Delivery 3.0
Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Colors: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink
The Samsung Galaxy S20 is a premium device. The phone is built to be premium and classic.
The entire body is made of glass and aluminum frame. It has body dimensions of 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm and weighs 163 grams.
The new phone from Samsung sport's a decent panel that houses the camera. It also comes with an IP68 rating. This is another dust and water-resistant smartphone. You will get Samsung Pay on the device as well.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 packs a large screen display size of 6.2 inches under Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen. The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels and 563 PPI density for clear visuals. It reaches up to 89.5% screen-to-body ratio. Some of the features on the display includes a Corning gorilla glass 6, HDR10+ support and many more.
As for the camera, the Samsung Galaxy S20 is blessed with an impressive rear camera of 12 MP wide with an additional 64 MP telephoto lens, another 12 MP ultrawide sensor. The camera features LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama and can record [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps video resolution.
Hardware And Software
The Samsung Galaxy S20 has a powerful Exynos 990 (7 nm+) chipset for the global version while the USA version is Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 chipset. The SOC has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.73 GHz and it comes with Mali-G77 MP11 for graphics.
Storage Capacity And Sensors
The Samsung Galaxy S20 has an internal storage of 128GB that is coupled with 8GB RAM for a smooth ride. The memory is expandable via micro SD card. The sensors on the device are Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer.
The new Galaxy S20 has a massive battery capacity of 4000 mAh. The battery carries support for fast battery charging, fast wireless charging and reverse wireless charging as well. You can use the phone to power other of your devices just as you would with a power bank.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 has a dual SIM that comes with 5G LTE Network. The phone also comes with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth, A-GPS for navigation and 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. You will also get Bixby assistance and Samsung Dex.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Price And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S20 is now available for purchase for 900 EUR. The phone will be shipped in multiple colors such as Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, and Cloud Pink.
This is a new phone and when it comes to performance, it's a beast on its own. The Galaxy S20 also comes with an impressive camera and great battery. Apart from the price tags, this phone would have been the best device so far. If you have the money, the Galaxy S20 will make a wise buy.