The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is the standard version of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G smartphone. This is part of the S20 series that was announced by the South Korean company. The phone comes with similar features as the original. The difference is that it has no 5G network. The memory configuration has also been reduced to just one variant.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Full Specs Summary
- Announced: 2020, February 11
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Release Date: 2020, March 15
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76 x 8.8 mm (6.57 x 2.99 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 220 g (7.76 oz)
- Sim Card: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.9 inches, 114.0 cm2 (~89.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~511 ppi density)
- Operating System: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Chipset: Exynos 990 (7 nm+)
Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.50 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11
- Internal Memory: 128GB 12GB RAM
- Expandable Memory: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Rear Camera: 108 MP + 48 MP + 12 MP + 0.3 MP
- Selfies Camera: 40 MP
- USB: 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 45W: 100% in 58 min
USB Power Delivery 3.0
Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Colors: Cosmic Grey, Cosmic Black
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra still maintains a similar body design as the first. It’s a premium phone that is built with a combination of glass and metal frame. It has an IP68 rating making it both dust and water-resistant. The smartphone measures 166.9 x 76 x 8.8 mm in dimensions and weighs 22 grams. It comes with Samsung Pay which is Visa, MasterCard certified.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra packs a large screen display size of 6.9 inches under Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen. The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels, a 20:9 ratio and 511 PPI density for clear visuals. The display features corning gorilla glass 6, HDR10+, Always-on display and 120Hz@FHD, 60Hz@QHD.
The camera is the top-selling point of this phone. It comes with 108 MP wide that has an additional periscope camera of 48 MP telephoto lens, another 12 MP ultrawide sensor and 0.3 depth sensor with TOF 3D. The main camera features LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama and can shoot 8K video resolution. The selfies snapper of 40 MP comes with Dual video call, Auto-HDR and can record 8K videos.
Hardware And Software
The new flagship device from Samsung is blessed with a powerful Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 chipset with Adreno 650 GPU for graphics. It also has another model with Exynos 990 chipset which will likely be the global version. The phone runs on the latest Android 10 operating system with One UI 2 on top.
Storage Capacity And Sensors
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra has an internal storage of 128GB that is paired with a huge RAM of 12GB. The memory is expandable via micro SD card up to 1 TB but uses shared SIM. The sensors available on the inside are Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer.
Battery Power And Network Connectivity
The new phone from Samsung has a massive battery capacity of 5000 mAh with fast charging technology. The juicer also carries support for USB Power Delivery 3.0, fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W and power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W.
On the network, it has 4G LTE with NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth, A-GPS for navigation and 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Price And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is now available at a price of about 1250 EUR. You can get the phone in different colors shade such as Cosmic Grey, and Cosmic Black.
The new Galaxy phone is a great device that features a powerful processor ready to handle anything you throw at it. It comes with the same camera set-up as the 5G network. Its only shortcoming is the lack of 5G which is not that bad because not all region has 5G coverage. So the Galaxy S20 Ultra is a beast and will perform well. If you have the money go for it.
Show us some love by Sharing! TechLector wants to hear from you, use the comment box below…