Samsung has at last unveiled 2016 flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S7, along with its Edge variant. The Samsung Galaxy S7 still retains same premium look sported on the Galaxy S6. The latest Samsung flagship comes with some features which was not included on its predecessor, this include water and dust proof design, memory card slot.
Where To Buy Samsung Phones & Pay On Delivery
DESIGN AND DISPLAY
The Samsung Galaxy S7 parade a pleasant design. It is 142.4 millimetres long, 69.6 millimetres wide and has a thickness of about 7.9 millimetres and weighs 152 g (5.36 oz) but does not show off any rounded corners as sported on its big brother S7 Edge.
The phone is designed in a way to resist dust and also stand water from entering the device when dipped into it for up to 10 min. These features are not present on Samsung’s previous flagship.
Samsung thought it well to leave the screen unchanged as it was on the Galaxy S6. Galaxy S7 has slightly-rounded corners and the display is protected on the front with Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The Super AMOLED display on the Galaxy S7 measures 5.1 inches and has an HD resolution, which most likely is 1440 x 2560 pixels with a pixel density of 577 ppi.
CAMERA AND STORAGE
For the camera, Samsung provided a 12MP rear camera which is lower than ones seen on the S6. Samsung says the new camera can focus up to three times faster thanks to its dual-pixel system that allows every single one of the 12 million pixels to act as focus pixels, similar to the system Canon uses in some of its DSLR cameras.
The super-fast snapper can be quickly launched by double-tapping the Home button. There is also a quality 5 megapixels front-facing camera.
It also features a wide aperture of f/1.7. Shoot in the dark and own the night with larger pixels that capture more light for brighter photos. The new Dual Pixel technology allows great low-light photography and blazing fast auto-focus.
The S7 comes with an internal storage capacity of either 32 GB or 64 GB, which is interestingly expandable this time by up to 200 GB using a microSD card.
POWER AND PERFORMANCE
The Samsung Galaxy S7 is powered by latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, but units for sale in some regions will be equipped with the in-house Exynos processors.
Also Check Out:
The processor is aided with an ample 4 GB of RAM to give better performance and gaming experience. The phone boasts latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with Samsung’s TouchWiz skin on top.
The smartphone is powered by a larger capacity 3,000mAh battery, compared to the 2,550mAh cell that came with its predecessor (Galaxy S6).
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Currently, the Samsung Galaxy S7 is not available in Nigeria. When fully available, you can buy the flagship smartphone from any leading online stores in the country. Samsung Galaxy S7 Price in Nigeria is expected to ranges from N200,000 to N250,000 depending on your location in the country.
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S7:
- Platform: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), TouchWiz UI
- Processor: Snapdragon 820 Dual-core 2.15 GHz & dual-core 1.6 GHz, Exynos 8890 Octa Quad-core 2.3 GHz + quad-core 1.6 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 / Mali-T880 MP12
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Gold, Silver
- Dimension: 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 152 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 5.1 Inch Touch Display, 1440 x 2560 pixels (577 ppi)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Rear Camera: 12MP Camera, Ultra HD 4K Video 2160p@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR, Dual-video record
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32/64GB
- Memory Card Support: MicroSD up to 200GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 150 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE, apt-X
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes MicroUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: Xvid/MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: Yes, over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery (Non-Removable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
Where To Buy Samsung Phones & Pay On Delivery
Wanna talk or ask questions about the Samsung Galaxy S7? We ♥ Comments, Let’s talk about it in the comment box below…
- Samsung Unveils Samsung Galaxy S7 & Galaxy S7 Edge
- Top 10 Phones in the US & Elsewhere (2017)
- How To Set Custom Ringtones For Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro Released-Price & Specs in Nigeria
- Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Full Specifications & Price
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Unboxing: REFINED S6 Edge?