Samsung DeX Station has helped the Galaxy S8 become a desktop computer, but the new generation may be better. Recently, Samsung has applied for the “DeX Pad” trademark in late December, which is expected to be released with the Galaxy S9, S9 +.
According to GSMarena, the rumors said it would be a wireless dock, which supports wireless charging for the Galaxy S9, as well as a video output for the big screen. The touchscreen of the smartphone will become a touchpad.
Currently, the Samsung DeX Station relies on DisplayPort for video output via USB-C, which converts to HDMI. So, the wireless solution will be really convenient. Here is a description of the DeX Pad:
Presentation software for smartphones will be displayed through computer peripherals, wireless networks; Computer peripherals; Computer software for wireless communication; Computer software for the user interface; Computer software for user access control.
You need to also see how to connect Samsung Galaxy S8 to TV (Miracast/Chromecast).
In Other News:
- Samsung Galaxy S9 received an unspecified patch on T-Mobile
- LEAKED: Samsung Dex Pad will launch with the Galaxy S9 Smartphone
- Bixby, Samsung’s voice assistant, will help you set up your Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 is filtered on video
- Samsung Galaxy S9: accessories maker confirms cell phone design
- The mystery is over! This is the Samsung Galaxy S9, Forbes confirms