The mobile companies have now almost completely stopped manufacturing tablets due to their demand getting very low in the market. But last year, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 stood out as one of the best tablets out there. It was launched in 2018 with Android 8.0 preinstalled.
Now Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 is receiving its Android Pie update globally. The most amazing thing is that Samsung’s new custom-designed OneUI will be included in this update. OneUI will be based on Android 9 and it will bring new features and a completely new look to this Tab. The customizations have been done based on the feedback received from the users in Samsung and Google.
What’s Included in the Update?
- Samsung has reorganized the content, settings and other information to make it more user-friendly.
- To save time, the important and the most used elements have been moved to the bottom, so that the thumb can reach there faster.
- You will find new designs and features like Night mode.
Notifications & Settings
- You can directly replay all the messages from the notification panel without even opening the app.
- You will also see image thumbnails included in the notification panel.
- Turn on or off all the notifications in a category by going to the app’s notification settings.
- The setting menus have been reorganized to make it more easy to navigate.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are included.
- New adaptive themes will change the look of the keyboard based on the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard feature is also added with a new size and transparency settings.
- Allows you to set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care/Device maintenance
- You will find better performance even if the power saving is enabled.
- The Edge panel option for device maintenance is no longer available.
- You can now use your phone while using a Dex cable to display the phone’s content on the monitor or TV.now not required.
- Dex stations are now not required. Use compatible HDMI adaptors.
Phone & Contacts
- All call history can now be sorted by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Earlier, the phone supports call history up to 500 entries only but with this update, it has been now updated to 2000 entries
- You will find a new drawer menu which will help to manage your contacts easily.
Camera & Gallery
- The new scene optimizer feature automatically improves the camera’s color settings to capture more natural photos.
- You can now edit all your images available in the gallery using Photo Editor Pro.
- You will be now able to find the storage usage and save it too using the new storage analysis tool added to it.
- You will also find options to hide or show the items present on the My Files Home screen.
Other updates include accessing Kids Home from the quick panel and HEIF images will also be supported. You are highly recommended to first backup your phone’s important data before updating the Tab. Some apps like Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health, Samsung Notes, Samsung Members and Samsung Pay will not get automatically updated after the update. You need to individually update these apps.