According to Phonearena, there are rumours recently that the Sony Xperia XZ Pro will be equipped with a 4K OLED screen. In addition, a job description in Sony’s recruiting table also suggests that the company is focusing on developing OLED displays.
“All I can say is we’re investing money into OLEDs. And soon, you’ll see the 4K OLED screen on your mobile device. Our next step is the 4K OLED display, and you will not be disappointed, ” said Hitoshi Osawa, Head of Product Experience (UX), Sony Mobile Europe.
Although Sony is keen to develop 4K OLED technology, there are many reasons why smartphones with such displays will be hard to launch at MWC 2018.
The first is that Sony has never developed an OLED screen, and second, so far, no manufacturer has released a 4K OLED smartphone.
Earlier, we only heard rumours that Samsung Display is developing a 4K OLED screen with pixel density of up to 801 ppi, but Samsung will usually keep it to itself first.
Of course, we can not underestimate the power of Sony; maybe they will surprise at the MWC World Mobile Festival 2018 took place in late February.
In Other News:
- Sony confirms launch of three “Xperia” handsets during MWC
- Sony: AnTuTu reveals more information on the mysterious smartphone H8266
- Sony announces Xperia XA2, XA2 Ultra & L2 price in the US
- GoPro Phone: A beautiful concept that can become a reality once
- Technical specifications of the future Surge S2 of Xiaomi come to light
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 is filtered on video