Phantom in the English Language means something elusive or a ghost, so it was a surprise to deep thinkers when Tecno mobile decided to name their 2015 flagship device the TecnoPhantom 5. However, things are about to become more ghostly as Tecno is all set to launch its 2016 flagship device, the Tecno Phantom 6, and it’s coming with a big brother this time named the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus.
Where to Buy Latest Smartphones/Tablets & Pay On Delivery
Jumia Nigeria |from N13,995 View Price Offers, Click Here!
Jumia Kenya |from Ksh3,530 View Price Offers, Click Here!
Jumia Ghana |from GH₵159 View Price Offers, Click Here!
I already described what to expect in the Phantom 6 in a previous post. So what’s the difference between the two? In what way(s) is the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus going to be better than the Phantom 6?
Short answer: Not much difference, but important ones. In a lot of aspects.
Long answer: Find out in the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus specifications review below.
Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Specifications
Display & Design
The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus is close to a phablet, sporting a 5.95-inch IPS Touchscreen display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution which displays sharp images from wide viewing angles.
Like the Phantom 6, the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus is designed with metal which gives it a premium feel when held in the hands. It is 7.7mm thick and comes in Champagne Gold colour.
Memory & Performance
In terms of System on Chips (SoC), there is not much difference between the Phantom 6 Plus and its standard variant. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio X20 Processor which saves 30% more battery life than its predecessor. The processor has ten cores with a speed of 2.5 GHz. This is paired with a Mali-T880 GPU to ensure that the phone runs smoothly all the time.
The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage capacity, which can be expanded up to 128GB via the microSD slot that comes with the phone.
Things are not different here also; the Phantom 6 Plus comes with a non-removable 4,050mAh Li-ion battery, just like the Phantom 6. Sadly, it doesn’t come with any fast charging capabilities :'( .
The plus-sized smartphone supports 4G LTE network connectivity through a dual micro-SIM slot. It supports wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Wi-Fi Direct, and wireless file transfers are made possible with Bluetooth 4.2 A2DP.
The world is drifting towards a system of payment with mobile smartphones, and Tecno acknowledges that in the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by including NFC capabilities. Location determination and navigation is enhanced with GPS & A-GPS, and you’re allowed to share the battery juice of the phone with others through the USB Type-C port which gives it USB OTG support and allows it to charge fast.
At the rear of the Phantom 6 Plus is a dual camera setup, each having 21-megapixel lens and Autofocus. A LED Flash is thrown into the mix to give you the power of true mobile photography. Worthy of note is the fact that the rear camera can record videos at a resolution of 1080p and rate of 30fps (frames per second).
The Phantom 6 Plus sports an 8MP camera unit at the front which is accompanied by a LED flash to allow you take beautiful selfies even in low-light conditions. It is important to note that the front camera is locked at autofocus.
Software and Hardware
The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus comes with an Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor and stereo speakers as you would find in the Phantom 6. It, however, has one notable advancement in hardware, which is the presence of a fingerprint scanner at the back of the device.
The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus boots Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box, upon which the latest version of Tecno’s custom UI, HiOS version 1.0 is built. The smartphone is also compatible with Tecno’s smartband, the Tecno T-band.
Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- Speed: GPRS – up to 32 to 48 kbps; EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps.
- 3G: HSPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100.
- Speed: Up to 21.2 Mbps downlink; Up to 5.76 Mbps uplink.
- 4G: LTE Bands 3, 7 & 20.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Micro SIM + Nano SIM / SD Card slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HiOS v1.0.
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: 201 g.
- Display: 5.95-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (370 PPI), LTPS touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Champagne Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek Helio X20.
- Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Deca-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T880.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (Hybrid).
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Iris Scanner.
- Rear: 21 MP, Sony IMX239 Sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Autofocus, dual-tone LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8 MP, Autofocus, LED flash.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Single Speaker.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: microUSB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4050 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode, Tecno HiOS’ Ultra Low Power Mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: October 2016.
- Availability: October 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms :
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N150000.
- Kenya: KES 36330.11
- Ghana: GHS 1419.
- India: Rs. 23846.
- China: 2411.98 Yuan.
- USA: $357
- UK: GBP 285.18
- Europe: 320.41 Euro.
Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Availability and Price Details in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus is currently available in Nigeria in Champagne Gold colour for around N150,000, depending on which store you’re buying it from and your location across the country. The price of the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus in Ghana and Kenya have been listed above.
We ♥Comments! TechLector wants to hear from you. Show us some love by commenting in the comment box below…