In this tutorial, you will find a list of the 4 best torrent software. (BitTorrent client) is a peer-to-peer (P2P) data transfer protocol that allows you to download and share files with other users all over the world on the Internet more quickly and efficiently.
Unlike the HTTP protocol in which the download is provided by a single distributor that can cause overloads and slowness, with the BitTorrent protocol the download and sharing of files are performed in a decentralized way: all users who download a file share the parts of the files they have downloaded with other users, creating a virtuous circle.
No more queues or saturated servers: availability is immediate, downloads are faster.
How to download a Torrent file?
To download a Torrent file, you need two things:
- A BitTorrent client.
- The.torrent file of the file you want to download. The.torrent file contains the IP address of the BitTorrent tracker, which helps communication between the seeder – those who share the file – and leecher the leeches – those who download the file. You can also recover the magnetic link: from the file (if available), it performs the same function as the.torrent file.
There are many BitTorrent clients, but what is the best software to download these precious torrents? In this guide, we will see the 4 best torrent software (BitTorrent client)!
The 4 best torrent software (BitTorrent client)
qBittorrent is a cross-platform, lightweight, and open-source BitTorrent client available on Windows, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD, and OS/2. If you are looking for the most complete BitTorrent client, choose qBittorrent.
- Clear and easy to use user interface
- No advertising
- Integrated search engine (simultaneous search on many Torrent search engines)
- Many BitTorrent extensions supported: magnetic links, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), PEX (Peer Exchange), LSD (Local Service Discovery), private torrents, encrypted connections…
- Remote control via web interface
- Sequential download (read downloaded files)
- Advanced torrent, tracker and peer control (queue, priority)
- Bandwidth control
- Torrent creation tool
- IP filter (compatible with eMule and PeerGuardian formats)
- IPv6 compatible
- Port forwarding UPnP and NAT-PMP
- Available on all platforms in ~ 70 languages
Transmission is another BitTorrent open-source client, extremely light and very easy to use, available on Linux, macOS, Windows, and embedded systems. If you are looking for thelightest and simplest BitTorrent client, choose Transmission.
- No advertising
- Minimalist and easy to use interface
- Nothing to configure: everything is configured by default so that downloads and uploads work immediately
- The transmission uses less CPU and RAM than any other BitTorrent client. It also uses less CPU than some torrent clients without GUI
- Advanced features: encryption, Web interface, peer exchange, magnetic connections, DHT, µTP, UPnP and NAT-PMP, port forwarding, download, and upload speed limitation…
Deluge is another lightweight, free, cross-platformBitTorrent client available on Linux, Windows, and macOS. It is an interesting alternative to qBittorrent and Transmission. Unfortunately, the latest 2.0.x versions are currently only available on Linux. On Windows and macOS, for the moment we have to settle for version 1.3.15.
- No advertising
- Three user interfaces available: GTK interface for desktop environments (Windows, Linux, macOS), Web interface for Web browser (Firefox, Chrome) and command-line interface
- All advanced features are available: protocol jamming, DHT, peer discovery in the local network (LSD), peer exchange (PEX), UPnP, NAT-PMP, global speed limits, and torrents…
- Many plug-ins are available to get the most out of Deluge and extend its functionality, developed by members of the Deluge community.
Tixati is a 100% free, simple, and easy to use BitTorrent client available on Windows and Linux. Tixati uses efficient download algorithms which in some cases allow faster downloads. Rather reserved for expert users.
- Tixati on Windows 10
- Simple and easy to use
- No spyware, no advertisements
- Ultra-efficient peer limiting/unlocking algorithms that guarantee faster downloads
- Encryption of the RC4 connection for greater security
- Advanced bandwidth mapping
- Support for DHT, PEX, and magnet connections
- Quick and easy installation (no Java, no.NET)
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP filtering, event scheduler
These are the 4 best torrent software. (BitTorrent client), the best and most reliable that you can find on the net. Do you have any to recommend, please let us know through the comments box. For you, we have selected the best apps to download Torrent on Android phones and tablets.