The LG V40 has been appearing in rumors in recent months, all saying something in common: it will have a triple camera. Few phones with three sensors in the rear – the first was the Huawei P20 Pro. Now it has leaked the full list of specs, including Snapdragon 845 and screen with a notch.
The Android Authority has obtained the datasheet for the LG V40 (code-named LG Storm Plus), including details about its triple camera. The main sensor will have 12 megapixels; the secondary sensor will come with 16 MP and a wide-angle lens, and we will still have a 12 MP sensor with 2x optical zoom.
Triple camera is slowly becoming a trend
It may seem exaggerated to put three cameras on a smartphone, but no one has yet surpassed the picture quality of the Huawei P20 Pro. It follows first in the ranking of DxoMark, ahead of the iPhone X and Galaxy S9 +. (It is worth noting, however, that one of its sensors has 40 megapixels.)
The front camera will be dual and, according to Android Police, you can unlock the LG V40 after getting a 3D map of your face. It would be something closer to Face ID, present on the iPhone X. There will be a digital reader in the back.
The 6.4-inch POLED screen will have a notch to house this dual front camera. And inside, you’ll find a Snapdragon 845 processor, 6GB of RAM, 64GB / 128GB of storage and a 3,300 mAh battery.
The LG V40 is expected to be released in early October, next to Google Pixel 3, OnePlus 6T and Huawei Mate 20. And according to the ETNews website, we will see the LG V45 with 5G support at the beginning of next year.
Leaked LG V40 Specifications
- Screen: 6.4-inch POLED with notch, QHD + resolution, 19.5: 9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Snapdragon 845
- RAM: 6 GB
- Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB
- Battery: 3,300 mAh
- Rear camera: 12 MP f / 1.5 with 1.4 micron pixels + 16 MP f / 1.9 (wide-angle lens) with 1 micron pixels + 12 MP f / 2.4 lens (2x optical zoom) with 1 micron pixels
- Front Camera: 8 MP + 5MP
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.8 x 7.79 mm; 169 g
- Audio: Quad DAC, Stereo Boombox, 3.5mm headphone jack
- More: Smart CAM; facial, fingerprint, or voice unlocking; IP68 protection against water and dust and MIL-STD 810G