Are you confused about the word Hard Reset? You don’t have to be, a hard reset is simply what we call Factory Reset or Master Reset. This is just common or basic thing you as an Android user should know. This hard reset can be done when facing software issues. So in this article, our major aim is to educate you on how to hard reset your Galaxy M10 by yourself. In another way round, we will inculcate the quality of self-reliance to you just after reading this post. But, I will advise you don’t just jump any line while reading this post, don’t be in a hurry, read in-between the lines and join thousands of people that have testified positively to this.
How To Hard Reset On Galaxy M10
In this article we will discuss two major ways on how to hard reset on Galaxy M10:
- Hard Reset on Galaxy M10 via Settings Menu
- Hard Reset on Galaxy M10 using Hardware Buttons
Many Galaxy M10 users have testified that hard resetting through the setting menu is the easiest way to wipe your Galaxy M10. It doesn’t require much; the only thing it entails is to go under the setting menu and make use of the steps below. But have in mind that this method can be valid if only you know troubles going under the settings menu. Make use of the guideline below to hard reset your Galaxy M10.
- Firstly, create a backup of your personal data, then remove your account.
- Open the Settings Menu
- Go to General management and click on it.
- Click on Reset.
- From the given options, select Factory Reset.
- Go through the information and click on Reset to continue.
- Click on Select All to confirm the action.
If peradventure this troubleshooting step did not work, consider the step below.
This method can be very helpful especially in the case of your phone not booting up or it boots but the Settings menu is inaccessible, indeed this method can be helpful. The first thing you have to do is to boot the device to recovery mode. Immediately you boot your phone to recovery mode, know that at that point, you have properly begun a master reset procedure. The truth is that this may take some time. Just be patient.
- If it is possible, create a backup of your data ahead of time. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then skip this step.
- Also, make sure you remove your Google account. If peradventure your problem prevented you from doing that, kindly skip the step
- Make sure you turned off your device. This is very important because if you can’t turn it off, you won’t be able to boot your phone to recovery mode. If in case you were not able to turn your device off using the power button, you have to wait until the battery drains up completely. Then charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery mode.
- Click and hold on the volume up button firmly, alongside with the Bixby button.
- Press and hold the Power button, while still holding the Volume Up and Bixby keys.
- Once you see the recovery screen menu, release the button.
- Make use of the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Click on the Power button to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- To highlight eyes, use the volume down key
- Click on the power button to confirm the factory reset.