Have you owned a blog/website? If so, then you should be continuously checking your website speed. Because to get higher ranking in Google SERP your website need to have good load speed. In July 2018, Google has officially announced that the page speed will be a ranking factor. And so, for measuring your website speed, you need tools. And that’s what you get in this article. After testing a lot of tools, we have finally come up with the top 5 free website speed checker tool list.
Using these free tools, you will be able to see the full insights of your website speed along with the solution to improve. These tools will scan the full website/blog and figure out the things that slow-downs the website. So, let’s start this article by defining the exact nature and work of website speed test tools.
What Is Page Speed Test Tool?
Page speed test tools can have many extra features that can represent the things that slow down the website. Like, render blocking objects, server response time, time to load full page, time to interact with a user, first contentful paint, speed index, and many more.
The best part of these tools is they literally show the slow downing statistics that can enhance the site performance. Now, let me represent those five free page speed test tools that really works great and are best in the market.
Top 5 Free Tools to Check Website Speed of Both the Mobile and Desktop Version
Here are the most popular free website speed test tools that can show the problems of your site along with improvement guide to enhance the speed:
This one is the most popular, and I think I should say the official page speed test tool to check the web page speed because this tool is powered by giant Google. PageSpeed Insight is a web page speed test tool that scans the web page very smartly and represents the real-time metrics to the users. And by analyzing the site metric, owner of the site can enhance the load speed and other things like render-blocking, Image optimization, etc.
This tool is recently updated, and Google has partnered lighthouse. Lighthouse analyzes the speed score in PageSpeed Insights in real-time. And Google represents the factors that are slowing the website down along with the solution. Now, let me show you how you can check the speed of a website with PageSpeed Insight.
How to Check Website Speed with Page Speed Insights
A step-by-step process to check the website speed using PageSpeed Insights:
- First, visit the PageSpeed Insight tool website.
- Enter the URL of the web page you want to scan.
- Then hit analyze.
- Once you hit the analyze button, PageSpeed Insights will start scanning the web page you have entered. It takes up to 30-60sec for a complete scan. It may take more than that if the web page has a huge amount of data.
- Now you can see the page speed and other statistics. It will automatically present you the speed in the mobile version. Switch the tab to desktop and see the metrics of a desktop version of the URL.
That’s it. PageSpeed Insight is very simple to analyze any web page. And that’s why its listed in the first of our top free page speed test tools list.
Here is the step-by-step process to test the speed of page using Pingdom tool:
- First, visit the Pingdom Website using your mobile or computer.
- Enter the web page or your website URL in the URL box.
- Select the place you want to test for and then hit the start test button.
- Wait for a minute, the time it will take to scan will depend upon your website data.
- Scroll down a little, and you will get the speed result of that web page.
Pingdom is literally a best and free tool to analyze any web page speed. And that’s the reason it’s in our list with 2nd position.
GTmetrix tool will give you the full insights about the speed of the webpage along with the recommendation to improve the slowing down objects. It represents the data very well than Pingdom. In GTmetrix, you will get important details about page speed like performance score, page details. In the performance score section, you will see the PageSpeed score and YSlow score. And in the Page details section, you see the results like fully loaded time, total page size, and requests. These two sections will give you the important details about the web pages.
Moreover, you will get the actionable recommendations about the improvements you need to make. Like in image optimization, minimize requests size, minimize redirects, page landing and many more. Now, let me show you how you can scan any web page or website with GTmetrix.
Here is the step-by-step process to analyze the website speed using GTmetrix:
- Firstly, click here and visit the GTmetrix official tool site.
- Put the URL you in URL box to scan the webpage.
- Hit the Analyze button and wait for a minute (maximum).
- Once the result pop-ups, watch the statistics and scroll down for more details and improvement recommendations.
GTmetrix has a very good interface and technology that helps people to scan webpage with real-time results. This tool is recommended for you.
The name of this tool sounds exact we wanted to do. Web page test is another web page speed test tool that has features similar to PageSpeed Insights. Actually, it has more features than any web page speed test tool. Web Page test has too many modes like Advanced speed test, simple speed test, visual comparison, and traceroute. There is no tool available like this that offering valuable tools for free. You can choose any mode to analyze the speed of a particular web page. Now, let me drive you through the process to analyze the website or web page speed with web page test.
Here are the steps that you need to take in order to analyze the web page speed using web page test:
- Hit here and visit the Web Page test tool official website.
- Select the mode like Advanced, simple, etc.
- Put the URL of the web page you want to scan.
- Select the location from you want to test.
- Select the device from you want to analyze.
- And finally, hit the Start test button and wait for a minute (maximum).
- Once scanning is done, you can see the various speed details about the web page you entered for the scan.
- It also offers some recommendation to improve.
If you are looking for high and advanced web page scanning, then you should go with Web page test tool. Because it really offers a good amount of features and technology.
Uptrends has built a good amount of tools that help people to analyze website speed, free monitoring, uptime check, traceroute, and more. And the features it provides for scanning a web page is also unbeatable. In Website speed test tool, you can set the scan speed from a specific browser like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer. You can set devices like Mobile, desktop to check the speed from. And the most important, it also provides an option to check the speed from a particular place like NewYork, India, London, Singapore and more.
In the results, you can see every data of the web page. Let me show you how you can start analyzing with Uptrends Website Speed Test tool.
Follow the simple steps to analyze the speed of any web page using uptrends website speed test tool:
- Fist, visit Uptrends website speed test tool using any device you have like mobile, computer.
- Write the web page in the URL box you want to scan.
- Choose the place you want to scan from.
- Select the device, browser and bandwidth throttling like the native.
- Then hit the start button and wait for scanning to end. It may take up to 1 minute depending upon the data size of the web page.
- Scroll down to see the various data and details of website speed.
The best thing I liked about Uptrend website speed test tool is it provides the options to check the speed from various aspects like devices, browser, etc. Must check out this tool if you want advance scanning of web page speed.
- Read it too: 5 Best WordPress Alternatives 2018
Having a website is not the enough to get your product, content succeed in the world. You need to maintain its speed to rank in Google Search Engine and other search engines like Bing, Yahoo. And you can do that by analyzing your Website or web page. We have made it easier for you by providing the free Web Speed test tools.
Just pick anyone from above and start fixing the issues that are slowing your website down. Every tool that I listed have unique feature and function. So, must check out all of them one-by-one.
Hopefully, you liked this article? If so, please share this article with your friends who have a website and help them to discover free speed test tools. I’ll see you in the next one.