After terminating 2017 by receiving support for Lenovo and OnePlus devices, now it is the turn of the official TWRP app to also gain compatibility with various Xiaomi devices, including the Redmi 5A phone, which in turn embarks on the ever-expanding list in this year.
In addition to the Redmi 5A, the current bulletin also includes the Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite. All triad phones can now replace native recovery to make changes to the core of the software, such as custom ROMs, root management, or emergency backups.
For those unfamiliar with the application, TWRP custom recovery is still seen as one of the tools most worth using in this generation.
This simple but promising app basically does everything that most users need, and fortunately works on most Android devices.
The specific versions for each Xiaomi device are available in the following links, directed to the XDA page – the home of Android developers. The official tool is also released on Google Play: all alternatives are free and do not pose any risk to your phone.
- Official TWRP Xiaomi Redmi 5A – download
- Official TWRP Xiaomi Redmi Y1 – download
- Official TWRP Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite – download
In Other News:
- Xiaomi launches teaser of Mi 6X where to confirm 6GB of RAM and 128GB of ROM
- Motorola introduces five smartphones in Moto G6 and E5 series
- LG Start Rollout Android 8.0 (Oreo) For LG V30
- Its Official! Xiaomi Will Present Mi 6X On 25 April
- Kirin processors will remain exclusive to Huawei and Honor
- Android 8.0 for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is coming