Ericsson, the Swedish telecommunications company with over 33,000 patents to its name, has mailed UMi a letter on 2G, 3G, 4G Standard Essential Patents agreement, resulting in an injunction forcing the Chinese phonemaker to stop selling devices at AMAZON UK while the case is resolved. The related item is UMi ZERO, IRON PRO, HAMMER S.
In recent years Ericsson has sued more than a few technology companies and beyond
2010: D-Link (USA) Infringing a set of its 802.11 (b) SEPS
2012: Samsung (USA) patent infringements in the US
2013: Micromax (India) License agreements on SEPS on GSM, EDGE and 3G
2014: Intex (India) License agreements on GSM, EDGE, and UMTS/WCDMA
2014: Xiaomi (India) SEPS infringements
2015: UMi License agreement on 2G, 3G, 4G Standard Essential Patents
We will see how UMi’s respond in this case.
Other Hot News:
- Xiaomi Mi 7: design, data sheet and price appear in leak
- Is Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 coming soon?
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 makes an appearance on JD.com, are we closer to this new Xiaomi phone?
- Xiaomi dethroned Samsung: Now it’s the #1 smartphone brand in India!
- Xiaomi plans to launch a Smartphone with rugged features next year
- The Xiaomi Chiron is still active in the GFXBench database