The UMIDIGI S comes with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage and a large 4000mAh battery with quick charge amongst a host of specs. The device reportedly runs on a UMIDIGI customised Operating System which is said to feature faster Android updates, user interface customisations, power saving. Below is a review of the UMIDIGI S.
UMIDIGI S Specifications, Review and Highlights
The UMIDIGI S features a 5.5 inch 2.5D curved glass display with 1080*1920(HD) display resolution and 401PPI pixel density. The device screen is layered with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 to protect it against damages in the event of falls. The smartphone is entirely made of aluminium alloy and weighs 168g.
The smartphone is powered by an Octa-core MTK6757 Helio P20 processor running at 2.3GHz of clock speed with Mali T880 MP2 GPU at 900MHz, and it comes with 4GB of RAM along with 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded to 128GB using a microSD card, sacrificing a SIM slot though.
Also Check Out:
It flaunts a dual camera setup which possesses 13MP+5MP lenses with dual LED Flash, PDAF, autofocus features. Its front camera is a 5MP snapper good enough to capture decent selfies with loved ones or alone.
The device reportedly runs on a UMIDIGI customised operating system out of the box in place of an Android Operating System. It comes with a 4000mAh battery also with quick charge functionalities available. It also has a fingerprint sensor. The UMIDIGI S is available in Black and Gold colors.
UMIDIGI S Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900.
- 3G: HSDPA 850/ 1900/ 2100.
- 4G: LTE 1(2100)/ 3(1800)/ 7(2600)/ 20(800).
- Network Speed: -.
- SIM Type: Dual Nano SIM (dual standby).
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with UMI OS.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 154*76*8.2mm.
- Weight: 168g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1080 * 1920 pixels, HD.
- Display Technology: LCD 2.5D Arc Capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- Build: Metal Unibody.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Gold, Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTeK MT6757 Helio P20.
- Processor Speed: 2.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-T880 MP2 .
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB(hybrid slot).
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint, Compass.
- Rear: Dual 13MP+5MP lenses.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p, 2k, 4k.
- Front-facing: 5MP.
- Music Support: MP3, WAV, eAAC+ player.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: -.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: :-.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: USB Type-C, micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: -.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable?: Yes.
- Charging: Fast Charge.
- Power Management:-.
- Extra Features: .
- Launch Date: June 2017.
- Availability: June 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- U.S: $199.99
Availability and Price of UMIDIGI S in U.S, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The UMIDIGI S is available in Black and Gold colors at a launch price of $199.99.
- 5 Amazing Reasons You Need UMIDIGI S2 Pro Smartphone In Your Life
- UMIDIGI S2 Pro Antutu Test In The Water
- UMIDIGI S2 Pro Specs Review, Price and Where to buy
- UMIDIGI S2 Pro comes with 128GB ROM
- UMIDIGI S2 PRO include MediaTek Helio P25 and 6GB RAM DDR4X provides a super gaming performance ever
- UMIDIGI Z2 comes in under-screen fingerprint scanner!