The wait is over!
Good news to all Tecno Camon C8 users as Tecno Mobile officially announces the release of its Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the device. Although, the Tecno W4 is the first smartphone from the Company to boot Android Marshmallow out of box while the Camon C8 follows.
Tecno Camon C8, which was released last year, took many people by surprise in term of its camera and it is one of the top selling Android smartphone from Tecno Mobile till date.
Well, by not diverting our topic, we will just go straight to the point. Today I shall be showing you two (2) best methods to upgrade Tecno Camon C8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Before upgrading your device, there are two things you need to note.
- Make sure the device is NOT rooted to avoid any brick or bootloop issues.
- Make sure the device is NOT rooted :)
Let us get this done!
How to upgrade Tecno Camon C8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- Upgrade Via OTA (Over the Air):
For the non-techy people, upgrading the Camon C8 via OTA (Over the Air) is the safest means you can get your phone upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I advice that you follow this method first:
- Make sure you are connected to high speed internet
- Go to Settings >> About >> tap System Updates.
- You will be asked to download the update
Although, you may not get the OTA updates yet on your phone, they are sent out one after the other, if you are lucky to be among the first users to receive the updates, good. If not, then you need to exercise patience. That is if you can wait for your turn. However, many will not be okay with that.
- Upgrade Via Manual Flashing:
- Tecno C8 Marshmallow update
- microSD card
Just follow the Instructions below and you’ll be upgraded to Marshmallow on your Tecno Camon C8 at once.
- Download the Tecno C8 Marshmallow update:
- Place the downloaded zip file – Tcard_update_20160415 in your SD Card root (Do not put it inside any folder)
- Ensure your battery is well charged
- Now Switch off your Tecno Camon C8
- Enter boot menu , to do this hold Power button + volume up button until you see a startup logo, then release the Power Button Only when you see an Android logo
- Now, hold Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up button without releasing the power button until you see the below image
- Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 and select with Power Button
- Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 then select it with the Power Button
- The installation will begin, after some seconds you should see something like the screenshot below
- When you have seen the Installation from SD card complete, use the volume key to scroll up and select “Reboot System“
- The phone will reboot. This could take long, maybe upto 5 minutes. After the boot is done, you should have HiOS and Marshmallow 6.0 on your C8.
If you encouter any problems or have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below.