How to use Apple's Airpods on Android device
What are the Airpods?
When Apple Inc decided to do away the 3.5mm audio jack on their iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus smartphones, their reason was this: to drop off the now old technology that has existed for about a century. Letting go of the jack meant they had to find a way to include earpods; the Airpods were the solution. These are just like your regular headphones, but in this case, they are wireless. The Airpods make use of Bluetooth technology to connect with your iPhone, iPad or iWatch. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how you can connect this piece of marvellous hardware to your Android device - although this comes with some limitations. Before we delve into the tutorial proper, let’s look at some of the Airpods' great features.
- Strong Bluetooth connection: the guys at Apple did a great job here. While using the Airpods be rest assured that you’ll stay connected as far as you are within range of your phone.
- Great battery life: it has an exceptional battery life that can last for up to five (5) hours before recharging.
- The Airpods contain microphones inside of them that make it easy for you to make calls.
- They also have sensors that detect when they are in your ears and when they are not. With this feature, whenever you take out the Airpods out of your ears, they automatically pause your song.
Although the Airpods are excellent, they still come with a few drawbacks such as:
- Mediocre sound quality. I know a lot of audiophiles will hate it for this.
- They do not fit into all ears.
How to connect the Airpods to your android device
Now to the main aim of this tutorial which is to connect your Airpods to your Android device, to do this, follow these simple steps:
- Make sure both Airpods are in docked inside the charging case
- Open the charging case but do not remove the Airpods yet
- At the back of the case is a little circular button close to the case’s bottom, press and hold this button until a LED placed at the middle of both Airpods turns on – the colour is white – and begins to blink. The blinking LED indicates that your Airpods are ready to be paired.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your android device and search for the Airpods.
- Connect to the Airpods as you connect to any other Bluetooth headphone. Note that while connecting to the Airpods, several pairing prompts may pop up, click on them as appropriate.
- You can now take out your Airpods and insert them into your ears.