This guide contains steps to take in order to use Snapchat on Mac or Windows. Snapchat is a popular social messaging platform which has gathered a lot of attention over the years. This is probably due to the fact that messages sent on the platform usually have a limited duration before it automatically disappears – something you’ll hardly find in other competitors. Also, Snapchat users get notified when other people take screenshots of their chats with them. Something you also can’t find on other messaging apps out there.
Unfortunately, Snapchat is only available for Mobile Devices (Android and iOS). However, there is a way to get it working on your MacBook or Windows PC. You can achieve this by using an Android emulator which basically transforms your MacBook or Windows PC into a virtual Android device. This enables you to download Android apps and games on your MacBook and run it like it would normally run on an Android device.
There are many Android emulators for Mac or Windows out there that you can use to do this, but we will be making use of one called BlueStacks. BlueStacks is probably the most popular and arguably the best Android emulator you can find. And the Best part? It isn’t only for MacBook as it also for Windows PC as well. BlueStacks somewhat transforms your PC or MacBook to an Android device which essentially allows you to download and run Android apps and games. You also get access to the Google Play Store but first, you need to meet the requirements.
- You must have a Google Account. (Used for logging in to the Google play store.)
- Download BlueStacks For Mac or Windows on your computer.
How To Use Snapchat On Mac or Windows
- Navigate to the System Preferences Menu/App on your MacBook and Choose Security and Privacy.
- Under General, Scroll down a little and Check/Tick the “Allow apps Downloaded from app store and identified developers” and save the settings.
- Once that is done. Install the BlueStacks App, Launch it and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up. It’s just setting up an Android device. While setting it up, you’ll need to provide your Google account for Access to the Google play store.
- Now all you have to do is to Search for “Snapchat” using the search bar at the top of the app which will search for the Snapchat app on the Google Play Store. Click on the App and Install.
- Once the App is Installed. Go back, Launch Snapchat and You’re good to go. Now, You can Sign In (If you already have an account) or Register for a new account (If you don’t already have an account).
You can use Snapchat on Mac or Windows through BlueStacks whenever you want. You can also download and use other apps like Instagram, Kik etc. As long it is on the Google play store, then you definitely use it on your MacBook or Windows PC through BlueStacks.
BlueStacks is a very nice Android emulator which gets things done smoothly and easily. I even use mine to play games sometimes and you can try that out too if you want. Got any questions about using Snapchat on Mac and Windows? Let us know using the comment section down below.