How to Use Third-Party Integrations in Photos App on Mac Running macOS High Sierra
One of the features on the new macOS High Sierra which I so much love is one from the Photos app. Although the feature is slightly hidden. Thanks to seamless integration, you can now make different interesting presentations and projects from the stock macOS Photos app. Projects you can build include slideshows and many other interesting presentations. To me, this new feature is just great and it is well timed. This is because the feature further enhances how you can edit Photos on your Mac. So want to learn how to use this feature on your Mac too? Then read on in this guide and learn how to use third-party integrations in Photos app on your Mac.
As of the time of writing this post, third-party apps that support this integration with Photos for macOS High Sierra aren’t very much. However, most of the popular apps that support this integration include Wix, GoodTimes, WhiteWall, Shutterfly Photo Books, Mimeo Photos.
How to Use Third-Party Integrations on Mac in macOS High Sierra
Before we can proceed to create a project using third-party integrations, we, first of all, need to download extension apps.
How to Download Photos Extension Apps on Mac Running macOS High Sierra
- First of all, open the Photos app on your Mac.
- Next, select “My Projects.”
- Now, click on the “Go to the App Store” button.
- In the App Store, you will see a list of third-party integration apps that integrate with Photos. There, pick any app you want and download it.
- When it’s done downloading, you can now go on to create a project.
- After you have created a project, click the File Menu to check a list of available apps.
- Click Create and then select the More option. There a list of available apps will be displayed.
- Now, click on Create from File Menu in the Photos app on your Mac.
After you are done downloading the extension app on your Mac running macOS High Sierra, you can then make a project.
How to Make a Project Using a Third Party Integration App in macOS High Sierra
To create a project, follow the steps below.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac.
- Next, click on the File menu and then click on “Create”.
- Now, click on the third party app you downloaded earlier. In this guide, I am using Wix Photo Album.
- Next, you need to pick the type of slideshow you wish to create.
- When you have picked a type, click on create.
- Now, click “Done” in the upper right corner of the window.
- Now pick the photos you want to add to the slideshow and drag them into the Photo album folder.
- Now, re-open the project. You can do this by going to the “My Projects” list and clicking on it.
So that is all. You are all done. You can now make slideshows using third-party integrations on your Mac! Enjoy.
Also, share your thoughts on the feature in the comment section below.