Vivo Electronics Corporation, a Chinese smartphone company based in Dongguan has just released another low-cost Android phone named the Vivo V5. The phone comes with features that will arguably rival other mid-range market smartphones. The Vivo V5 is powered by a 1.5 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor comes with 4GB RAM and a 32GB ROM which is expandable to 128GB using a microSD card.
The Vivo V5 succeeds the Vivo V3 in the Vivo V series of smart mobile photography smartphones.
Vivo V5 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Vivo V5 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS display which has a resolution of 1280 * 720 pixels and a 267 PPI pixel density. The V5’s screen is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass which protects it from scratches. It measures 153.8 * 75.5 * 7.6 mm and has a body weight of about 154 grammes. The Vivo V5 has an impressive 1.5 GHz Octa-core MT6750 processor under the hood and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 2.6.
The Vivo V5 sports a 13MP phase detection autofocus (PDAF) rear camera, and before you start swooning over that info, check out the front. The Vivo V5 sports a terrific 20MP front shooting camera, a new level of photographic experience which selfie lovers will relish when they lay their hands on the phone. Therefore, the Vivo V5 can be referred to as a selfie-centric smartphone and has joined the league of smartphones with better front cameras than rear cameras.
The Vivo V5 comes in Gold and Grey colours and packs a 3000mAh non-removable Li-ion battery to give the users a satisfactory usage time on a single charge.
It comes with a dual SIM slot and its connectivity options include Wi-Fi 602.11 b/g/n, GPS + GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, USB OTG, 3G and 4G LTE. It also has an FM radio feature. Some other features of the Vivo V5 include a Compass, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor and a 0.2-second fast fingerprint sensor embedded in the phone’s home button.
Also Check Out:
It is worthy to note that the Vivo V5 is the first-ever smartphone to come with a Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens. The front camera comes with a Moonlight Glow feature which allows you to shoot perfect selfies in diverse lighting situations by inducing a natural glow on your face, lighting it up.
Vivo V5 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSPA+ : 850/900/1900/2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + Nano / microSD card) slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 2.6.
- Dimensions: 153.8 * 75.5 * 7.6 mm (6.06 * 2.97 * 0.30 inches).
- Weight: 154 g (5.43 oz).
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels (267 PPI), IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: – Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Crown Gold & Space Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Mediatek MT6750 Processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Internal Storage: 32 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.2-second fast Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP, Phase detection Autofocus (PDAF).
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 20 MP with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: – AK4376 Hi-Fi audio chip, signal-to-noise ratio of up to 115dB.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh.
- Charging: –
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, Moonlight Glow.
- Launch Date: November 15, 2016.
- Availability: November 26, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N111, 300.
- Kenya: KES27,016
- Ghana: GHS1,053
- India: Rs.17,980
- China: 1,818 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $265.
- UK: 213 British Pounds.
- Europe: 246 Euros.
VivoV5 Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Vivo V5 smartphone comes in Crown Gold and Space Grey colours and costs Rs. 17,980 in India. The phone will go on pre-order from the 16th to 25th of November, and would go on sale from the 26th of November in India.
- Vivo V5 Hands-On Review, Features & Price in India, Nigeria, Kenya
- Ulefone Armor: Ulefone’s First Rugged Smartphone Launched with IP68 Certification
- Hyve Pryme Specs Review & Price in India (Dehli), Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- LeEco Le X850 (Le Max 3) Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Blu Pure XR: Full Specs Review & Price in Nigeria, Kenya, US
- Wileyfox Spark & Spark Plus: Specs & Price in UK & US