Vivo Electronics Corporation, a Chinese smartphone company based in Dongguan has just released another low-cost Android phone named the Vivo V5. The phone comes with features that will arguably rival other mid-range market smartphones. The Vivo V5 is powered by a 1.5 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor comes with 4GB RAM and a 32GB ROM which is expandable to 128GB using a microSD card.
The Vivo V5 succeeds the Vivo V3 in the Vivo V series of smart mobile photography smartphones.
Vivo V5 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Vivo V5 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS display which has a resolution of 1280 * 720 pixels and a 267 PPI pixel density. The V5’s screen is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass which protects it from scratches. It measures 153.8 * 75.5 * 7.6 mm and has a body weight of about 154 grammes. The Vivo V5 has an impressive 1.5 GHz Octa-core MT6750 processor under the hood and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 2.6.
The Vivo V5 sports a 13MP phase detection autofocus (PDAF) rear camera, and before you start swooning over that info, check out the front. The Vivo V5 sports a terrific 20MP front shooting camera, a new level of photographic experience which selfie lovers will relish when they lay their hands on the phone. Therefore, the Vivo V5 can be referred to as a selfie-centric smartphone and has joined the league of smartphones with better front cameras than rear cameras.
The Vivo V5 comes in Gold and Grey colours and packs a 3000mAh non-removable Li-ion battery to give the users a satisfactory usage time on a single charge.
It comes with a dual SIM slot and its connectivity options include Wi-Fi 602.11 b/g/n, GPS + GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, USB OTG, 3G and 4G LTE. It also has an FM radio feature. Some other features of the Vivo V5 include a Compass, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor and a 0.2-second fast fingerprint sensor embedded in the phone’s home button.
It is worthy to note that the Vivo V5 is the first-ever smartphone to come with a Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens. The front camera comes with a Moonlight Glow feature which allows you to shoot perfect selfies in diverse lighting situations by inducing a natural glow on your face, lighting it up.
Vivo V5 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSPA+ : 850/900/1900/2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + Nano / microSD card) slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 2.6.
- Dimensions: 153.8 * 75.5 * 7.6 mm (6.06 * 2.97 * 0.30 inches).
- Weight: 154 g (5.43 oz).
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels (267 PPI), IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: – Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Crown Gold & Space Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Mediatek MT6750 Processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Internal Storage: 32 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.2-second fast Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP, Phase detection Autofocus (PDAF).
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 20 MP with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: – AK4376 Hi-Fi audio chip, signal-to-noise ratio of up to 115dB.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh.
- Charging: –
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, Moonlight Glow.
- Launch Date: November 15, 2016.
- Availability: November 26, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms :
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N111, 300.
- Kenya: KES27,016
- Ghana: GHS1,053
- India: Rs.17,980
- China: 1,818 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $265.
- UK: 213 British Pounds.
- Europe: 246 Euros.
VivoV5 Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Vivo V5 smartphone comes in Crown Gold and Space Grey colours and costs Rs. 17,980 in India. The phone will go on pre-order from the 16th to 25th of November, and would go on sale from the 26th of November in India.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.