Vivo has added a new smartphone to their Vivo Y series, named the Vivo Y55L. The launch of the smartphone coincides with the appointment of Kent Cheng as the new CEO for the company’s operations in India.
The Vivo Y55L is a mid-range smartphone with specs peculiar to a modern smartphone, even though the battery capacity is not encouraging at its price range.
Vivo Y55L Specifications
Display & Design
The Vivo Y55L comes with a 5.2-inch IPS display which is covered with 2.5D curved glass. The display has an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution and comes with a split-screen feature that allows you to multi-task efficiently. The display also has an eye protection mode that I’ve not seen before on a smartphone. The mode works by adjusting the screen brightness and reducing the amount of blue light the display emits, thereby reducing the strain on the eyes.
The Vivo Y55L is 7.5mm thick and weighs just 142 grammes.
Memory & Performance
A 64-bit Snapdragon 430 processor with eight Cortex A53 cores and a maximum processing speed of 1.5GHz powers the operations of the Vivo Y55L underneath. Assisting it on the SoC is an Adreno 505 Graphics Processing Unit which ensures that graphics-intensive operations are carried out seamlessly.
The phone comes with 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 16GB of internal storage capacity. The internal storage capacity can be further expanded (up to 128GB) via the microSD slot that comes with the phone.
The Vivo Y55L packs a not-so-impressive 2,650mAh battery. Worse still, the smartphone doesn’t come with any fast charging capabilities, which means it drains fast and doesn’t charge as fast 🙁 .
The Vivo Y55L has a Dual SIM slot which can accept a single Micro-SIM card and a single Nano-SIM card, both at once. The smartphone carries support for 4G LTE network bands and allows you to make quality voice calls with Voice over LTE (VoLTE) support.
Also Check Out:
For wireless connectivity, the Vivo Y55L comes with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.1 LE, while for navigation and location determination the smartphone has GPS.
Manning the rear of the Vivo Y55L is an 8MP camera unit. It’s not alone, though; it is accompanied by a LED flash which allows you to take clearer pictures in low-light conditions.
At the other end on the front, the Vivo Y55L has a 5MP camera unit for taking selfies.
Software and Hardware
From the box, the Vivo Y55L smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow upon which is layered version 2.6 of Vivo’s Funtouch OS.
Vivo Y55L Specifications (Summary)
- 5.2-inch HD IPS 2.5D curved-edge display with a 1280 * 720-pixel resolution.
- Dimensions – 147.9 * 72.9 * 7.5mm.
- Weight – 142g.
- Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) processor.
- Adreno 505 GPU.
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD.
- 8MP Rear Camera with LED Flash.
- 5MP Front Camera.
- Dual SIM Slot (Micro + nano).
- 4G network connectivity with VoLTE support.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 & GPS.
- 2,650mAh battery.
- Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Vivo Y55L Price in Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana
The Vivo Y55L will be available in India for Rs. 11,980 from the 15th of October, and when it does, it will come in Gold and Space Grey colour versions. The Vivo Y55L will cost N56,750 in Nigeria, KES 18,229.27 in Kenya, and GHS 715 in Ghana when it becomes available in those countries.
- Intex Aqua Strong 5.2 Specs Review & Price in Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana
- Intex Aqua 5.5 VR Specs Review & Price in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Intex Aqua Craze II Features Review & Price in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Ulefone Tiger Specs Review and Price in Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana
- Specs Review: LeEco Le Pro 3 With 4GB/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 Price in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Reliance LYF Water 11 Specs and Price in Nigeria, Kenya & India