If you need to buy a washing machine, but you are confused by so many offers, you can get help from our washing machine complete guide to allow you to find the model that you have chosen at the lowest possible price. There are over 140 models of the washing machine at different prices.
Fake myths? No thanks
But once you have purchased the machine that is right for you, are you sure you can use it to the fullest and not fall into the most common
- Washing with a higher spin speed gives better results. No. Our tests show that the performance of the washing machine, except of course the removal of water, does not depend on the speed of the centrifuge. They also show that medium-load washing machines (7-8 kg) and 1,000 centrifuges, 1,200 rpm give the best washing performance. This is despite the fact that manufacturers are always looking for new technologies to increase capacity and spin speed.
- To keep the washing machine in good condition, it is advisable to use an anti-scale product. False. There is no evidence that limescale reduces the life of the washing machine. The addition of an anti-scale to each laundry is advisable only if the water is very hard (more than 30 ° F) if it is often washed at high temperatures (at least 60 ° C) and if you often use powder detergents. Washing at 30 ° – 40 ° C, the use of an additive at each wash is superfluous. Furthermore, all detergents already contain a small amount of descaler, sufficient for the ordinary prevention of scale.
- Smaller machines consume less. No. In the washing machine and in the dishwasher there are four factors that determine the removal of stains: temperature, mechanical action, detergent and washing time. Usually, the longest programs are those that use less water or lower temperatures. Ecological programs, in general, have a longer duration. Attention: there are some short programs that actually consume less water and electricity, as they are designed to wash lightly soiled items or just to cool up used items. Check the instruction booklet.
- The more detergent I put the more the laundry is cleaned. And the softener is essential to make clothes softer. False. The dose of detergent indicated by the manufacturer is designed to eliminate all types of dirt. Even a minor gives satisfactory results. Increasing the dose of detergent, on the other hand, can leave marks and residues on the tissues that can cause allergies, as well as having a negative environmental impact. It is better to pre-treat the individual stains with a little soap or a stain remover before starting the wash. Generally, the softener is added to make the laundry more fragrant and to facilitate the ironing of the clothes. In reality, it is not essential. To make the fabrics softer to the touch, try washing at lower temperatures and ironing the clothes when they are still a little wet.
- It is always essential to separate whites and colors. No. Not all colored clothes, in fact, lose color, especially if washed at low temperatures (30 ° – 40 ° C). But we need to have some tricks. At the first wash, it is better not to mix new clothes, especially red ones. Black clothing should be washed alone and in cold water. Finally, beware of exotic handicrafts in natural fibers (silk, cotton, linen) and dark colors: they can lose color.