One of the most common issues which iPhone X users have faced is when the touchscreen of the device gets unresponsive. The problem is very annoying and it happens most of the time when you are chatting with someone but are not able to type any of the keys on the screen to reply. The issue also includes the part where it is said that the touchscreen is not working, it is not responsive and other touchscreen issues alike. With the guide below, you should learn how to fix the touchscreen issue on your iPhone X in no time.
The part of the iPhone X screen which becomes unresponsive is the bottom part of the screen. Users who experience this usually move the apps to the upper part or the middle part of the screen to continue using their phones without having interruptions.
Reasons Why the iPhone X Touch Screen is Not Working
- The problem is most probably caused by the shipping process. The iPhone X touch screen becomes unresponsive or faulty because of the travel or boxing of packages or whatever it is. This is as a result of bumps during the travel.
- The problem may also be a result of software bugs on the phone. If that is the case, you will just have to wait for a new software update to fix the bug on your device. This wait usually takes a day or two, and in some cases, it takes longer.
Ways to Solve the iPhone X Touch Screen Not Working Issue
Clear Phone Cache
You can clear the cache of your iPhone X to fix the unresponsive screen issue. To do this, enter the recovery mode of the iPhone X to boot the smartphone and follow the steps below to clear the phone cache.
- First off, turn on your iPhone X.
- Next, launch the Settings app.
- Tap on the “General” option and then tap on “Storage & iCloud Usage.”
- From the options listed on the page, tap on the “Manage Storage” option and then tap on “Documents and Data.”
- Select the unwanted items on the screen and then swipe across them to the left and then tap on Delete.
- Now, tap on the Edit option and then tap on “Delete All” to erase all the data of the unwanted app.
Complete Factory Reset
Another solution to the problem on your iPhone X is to perform a full factory reset. To perform a complete factory reset on your iPhone X, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “General” option and then tap on “Reset.”
- Enter your Apple ID and Password where required and then log in.
- Wait a few minutes for the resetting process to complete.
- When the resetting process is completed, your iPhone X will now boot and you will see a welcome screen.
- Swipe anywhere to proceed.