The greatest and most touchy part of every Android smartphone is its security. The security is something which keeps a constant wellspring of strain for the engineers. The major security concerns aren’t just hacking anymore. The unsafe malware and apps which are automatically downloaded to your Android smartphone are also a major source of concern as they also cause tremendous damage to your smartphone. Huge names like YouTube, Google, Facebook and many others are playing their parts to keep the security tight from their end.
Cybercrime isn’t something that can be stopped. There are many specialists in it such that malware and other threats which were automatically downloaded are now a significant security threat and as entryways for hacking are being tackled every day, these “specialists” find another way. So, TechLector is here to recommend some of the best ways which you can use to get rid of malware on your Android device.
Android OS isn’t protected from malware. So, whether you play it safe or you work your Android device and visit all sorts of websites, it is still prone to get affected by malware. From adware to malware and infections, no Android device is entirely safe from them. So if you feel your phone has been infected by malware as you are seeing ads or your battery gets low quickly, or you also want to prevent them, check out the tips below to get rid of malware on your Android phone.
How To Get Rid of Malware on Your Android Device
Below are a few tips you should keep an eye out for to get rid of malware on your Android device.
Protect Your Android Phone by Preventing Malware
Different malware on your phone affects your phone in a variety of ways. Some disturb the battery life of your phone while others display consistent and annoying ads on your device screen. Some can stay on your device for a long time and remain undetected while collecting your information. Sometimes it hard to know if the file you are about to download is actually what they tell you online or some malware. In these situations, one needs to have some preventive measure to prevent your phone from downloading malware.
Use Anti-malware Apps to Prevent Malware on Your Android Phone
There are a lot of antivirus apps available for Android smartphones. It is better to be protected from malware than to fall a victim. With antivirus apps on your Android device, your phone can avoid, identify and get rid of dangerous software on your device. The antivirus apps, however, reduce the battery life of your device so make sure to pick your antivirus app carefully.
Other Tips to Keep Your Android Device Secure From Malware
- Enable the “Unknown Sources” option on your Android device so your phone will stop installing apps from unknown sources. So, apps outside the Google Play Store will not be installed. To disable the feature, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down the Settings screen until you see “Advanced Settings.” Tap on it.
3. Tap on “Security” and then tap on “Enable Download from Unknown Sources.”
- Try to keep your Android device update. This is important because developers are working consistently to fix security issues. So for every new update made, one thing must have been improved.
- Before you download any app, make sure you check the app’s licenses.
- Whenever you are using any WiFi network, use VPN.
- Uninstall apps which you observe to be misbehaving on your Android device.