Amazon Fire Stick is a small device even smaller than a USB stick that plugs into an HDMI TV port. Fire Stick allows any TV to stream content via WiFi such as Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Pandora, HBO go and many others.
A remote control that works with buttons or voice commands is included, new versions now include the Alexa Virtual Assistant. Basically it can turn any TV into a Smart TV simply by connecting it to an HDMI video port.
Released in 2014, Amazon Fire Stick competes with Google Chromecast and Roku. Amazon Fire Stick, Chromcast and Roku are a new generation of electronic devices called Streaming TV Sticks that broadcast movie and TV shows from online sources.
There are three versions of Fire Stick with the new version introduced in 2018. The most recent version includes the updated hardware along with the Alexa virtual assistant and the 4K HD video.
Amazon Fire Stick Hardware
- The first version had a 1.2 GHz Broadcom BCM28145 Dual Vore processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of memory, WiFi 802.11n and Bluetooth 3.0.
- The second generation has a 1.3 GHz quad-core Core Mediatek 8127D ARM processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of memory, WiFi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.1.
- The video output resolution is the same for both in high definition 720p or 1080p.
- The third version has a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor and incorporates the new 4K UHD video resolution.
- Amazon Fire Stick must be connected to an HDMI port on your TV. It also needs the power supplied from a USB connector or alternatively from an AC power supply.
- After switching on and the TV set to the correct HDMI input, a WiFi connection is set to a router.
- Installation is simple with a guide visible on your TV screen.
- Once a WiFi connection is established, the videos are ready to be streamed to the TV.
Includes all popular online streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, HBO Go and others.
How to transmit/play a video with Fire TV Stick
After installing Fire TV Stick on a TV, you will need to set up a streaming service. Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu are the most popular online streaming services, each with their own content.
Anyone using the Amazon Prime shipment will also have access to videos automatically on Fire TV Stick.
Amazon has a 30-day free trial for streaming videos that can be recorded here. Try the Prime video channels. Free trial
Netflix and Hulu have their tariff plans.
Is there a monthly fee for Fire Stick?
There is no monthly fee for Fire TV Sticks but there is a charge for all services used.
For example, if you plan to use Netflix to watch movies and TV shows, you would need a Netflix subscription.
The same goes for any other service including Amazon, Disney Plus and so on.
Which channels do you receive with a Fire Stick?
There are no channels like traditional TV but video on demand that can be watched at any time.
This includes TV shows and movies that can be streamed at home in HD resolution.
TV programs that can be watched will depend on the services you are subscribed to.
Amazon Fire Stick is a great low-cost way to turn any TV into a Smart TV and play all kinds of content, from TV shows and movies to music.
In addition to streaming movies and TV programs, it can also play and you can use voice controls via the Alexa virtual assistant.
The app can also be installed to further customize Fire Stick to improve his ability to do what an owner wants.