What To Do With Galaxy S9 When GPS Location Tracking Is Not Accurate:
In this guide, we want to help you guys fix a little issue which some readers have been complaining of. Some readers have repeatedly sent us messages asking for a tutorial on how to fix the error of GPS not working on the Samsung Galaxy S9. If you happen to use a Samsung Galaxy S9, you too might be facing this problem. If you are, then you are in the right place because we are going to be showing you how you can easily fix this too.
When your device's GPS is not able to track location, it will be unable to give you directions. This issue is easily noticeable as soon as you launch the Google Maps app on your device. This issue can be fixed with much ease as it is usually a result of one of the two causes below:
- A software issue on your Galaxy S9
- An issue with the hardware components especially the GPS antenna on your Galaxy S9.
How to Fix GPS Issue on the Samsung Galaxy S9
When you think about it, if an issue is hardware related, it will be harder to fix because it will most likely require a Samsung technician to either fix or replace the faulty hardware. Only the technician will be able to inspect the internal components for damages without causing more harm to your smartphone. But since it is a software issue, it shouldn't cause you much trouble since you can easily try to solve it on your own. Follow the steps below to fix the GPS issue on your Samsung Galaxy S9.
- Go to Apps menu on your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- From the menu, tap on the Settings app icon.
- Next, scroll down till you see the Privacy and Safety option. Tap on it.
- Now, you need to tap on Location and then select the Location method.
- Now, you should see a list of options.
- From the list, tap on GPS, Wi-Fi, and Mobile Networks.This you provide you with the most optimal GPS performance.
You can close the Settings app and try using the GPS services again.
Test your GPS
If the steps above did not work, you can try to use the GPS status and toolbox. Before you can do this, you need to download this GPS Status and Toolbox from the Google Play Store. Its main function is to help enhance the accuracy of the GPS feature on your device.
This app should help you fix the issue on your Samsung Galaxy S9. If after trying these solutions you still find the GPS not to be working accurately, then the issue is most likely as a result of hardware issues. In that case, you should take your device to a technician for diagnosis and repair.