Are you passionate about Android, Apple, Windows, Mac, and technology? Do you follow leading tech blogs trying to keep up with major technological developments? Do you love writing and like to join the TecHLecToR team? If your answer is yes to all these questions, then we may have a job for you. We are looking for writers to work with on TecHLecToR – Africa’s leading technology site.
The world that revolves around our site is in continuous growth and expansion, for this reason, we are always looking for new authors and publishers who are willing to become members of our team.
Joining the TecHLecToR team is easy, just send your application using the email at the end of the page. The requisites are mainly two: love for technology and a written and fluent English.
Here is what we require:
- Must have deep knowledge of gadgets and technology. If you call Galaxy Tab 4 an iPad or Apple means only fruit to you, please don’t apply
- Previous writing experience, be it in a magazine, newspaper, blog or any other site dealing with gadgets or technology
- Ability to churn out interesting and intelligent articles about breaking or latest tech developments in minutes
- Ability to learn about new gadgets and new technology trends quickly
- Objectivity: This job is not for people who think that anything running Android is perfect. Fanboys & girls should keep off
- Ability to Work Alone. This job requires you to be working alone most of the time, probably from your home or wherever you feel comfortable. So the ability to manage your time and delivering X hours of posting per day is crucial
- You must have a computer. A computer for the purpose of this job is any device with at least a 10-inch screen, physical QWERTY keyboard, and at least one full-size USB port
- Articles to be submitted must be original and be of high quality.
- In the case that an article was approved and published but was later discovered to be plagiarized. It would be removed immediately.
- Ensure grammatical flaws are reduced to the barest minimum; an article submitted for approval but with too much grammatical errors would be left unattended to or even trashed.
- You must have a minimum of at least 2 high-quality images in your article, if the image does not belong to you, it must be credited appropriately.
- Articles containing affiliate links would be rejected. Link selling, link stuffing is prohibited.
- Any link linking to your site and deemed not useful would be removed. Do not spam your article with too many external links.
- Once your article is approved and published here, it automatically becomes the property of TechLector and may not appear anywhere else.
- The article must be a minimum of 500 words.
- We will contact you once we have published your first article. Please bear in mind that this may take some time while it passes through our article quality system.
If you think you have all the required requirements, you have the desire to test yourself and you like the idea of being part of the TecHLecToR team contact us by simply using the email that you find at the end of this article.
What is the collaboration?
The collaboration that we propose is to write articles, guides, reviews and editorials related to the world of technology.
We will give you some general guidelines regarding the issues to be treated: the rest is up to you.
The reason? We believe that people do their best when they do what they like best: for this reason, we want to leave you maximum freedom.
This is a full-time position, so don’t apply if you do not have the time. Your job will initially involve spotting emerging local and international tech stories and writing coherent news articles about them. However, if you prove yourself as valuable, you may also start handling event coverage and reviews with additional earnings.
What you earn from working with TecHLecToR
Since the people we are looking for are more than just authors we want to offer you, in exchange for your precious collaboration, and so we have devised 2 packages that you can benefit from working with us.
Package 1: inserting your ad banner or links to the various affiliate sites. In this way you will have a further incentive to do well: if the article will be read by many people the number of clicks on your banner and your earnings will increase significantly.
You can also take advantage of the classic 300 x 250 banners or other advert banners that is not too big, any affiliations with Amazon, Gearbest and the like, in order to have all the interest in writing quality articles
Package 2: getting paid for your published articles you submit to us. Here, you will not be allowed to insert your Adsense banner and links to any affiliate sites.
If you think this is you, send in an application with the subject, “Lagos Tech Blogger” or “Canada Tech Blogger” or “Abuja Tech Blogger” or “Kaduna Tech Blogger,” depending on where you live to info[at]techlector.com. Include a short resume, relevant experience, schooling, and anything else you think will make you attractive to us.
No Attachments Please, your resume should be typed directly into the email. Applications with attachments will be disqualified. Please apply ASAP. First come, first serve. The Job is limited.