Intel has recently released the Xeon W-3175X processor, a cutting-edge component that aims to facilitate the use of very demanding professional applications. From architectural to industrial design, from 3D rendering to the creation of professional contents of various kinds. This new processor promises to offer great performance without any particular compromise.
Intel Xeon W-3175: what are the main features?
What are the peculiarities of this processor that make it the vanguard of this sector? According to Intel, this will be equipped with:
- Intel Mesh architecture, capable of offering low latency as well as high data bandwidth between CPU cores, cache, memory and I / O. In addition to this, the high number of cores per processor is a valid support for demanding workloads that can occur in some working environments.
- Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, a set of tools that is a valuable help during overclocking.
- Intel Extreme Memory Profile, which simplifies the overclocking experience making it much easier and affordable for everyone.
- The multiplication ratio offset and memory controller to adjust the voltage control of Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 allow you to optimize the overclocking frequencies1 regardless of SSE or AVX workloads.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, capable of delivering frequencies up to 4.3 GHz.
- Up to 68 PCIe lines in the platform, 38.5 MB of Intel Smart Cache, support for 6-channel DDR4 memory with up to 512 GB at 2666 MHz and standard ECC and RAS support for upgrading peripherals.
- Systems based on Intel C621 chipsets designed to support the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor allow those who work to create content at a professional level to take advantage of performances never seen before.
- The liquid cooling system, a custom solution sold separately from Asetek which ensures that the processor functions without problems with standard but also in the process of overclocking settings.
Note: Changing the clock frequency or voltage can damage hardware and cause performance problems. Anyone who makes changes to their CPU going beyond the limits set by the developers invalidates any type of guarantee.
The Intel Xeon W-3175X processor is available through system integrators that develop specially-designed desktop workstations.
In terms of performance, Xeon W-3175X far exceeds the 2990WX Ryzen Threadripper processor (sold for $ 1,800). Of course, the new Intel creature is a hardware component that we will hardly see (at least immediately) on our desktop computers. This CPU, the result of the most modern technology, costs 2,999 dollars. A very high price but not exaggerated as the promised performances are nothing short of science fiction.